Remote Senior Level Full Stack Developer
eFlex Systems via Stack Overflow
Rochester Hills, MI
Dec 18th 2018
eFlex Systems is a small, close-knit software company that provides products for world-class manufacturers, with an emphasis on lean manufacturing practices and improved plant efficiency. Our company is currently growing and looking for a full stack developer with Ember experience to join our development team.
Senior-level full stack software developer. Full-time remote (U.S. based only) or local (Rochester Hills, MI).
We are not currently sponsoring visas for this position.
- Competitive compensation, 401K with matching, medical/dental benefits and profit sharing
- Each team member gets a Macbook Pro (or comparable laptop of their choice)
- Paid vacation time
Expectations for working on the dev team
- Able to work independently, but collaborate with other devs when necessary
- Comfortable working from front-end to server-side to database
- Communicate with business, design and QA teams to deliver the best product and solve new and existing technical issues
- Assist the support team remotely if they run into issues on the plant floor
- Participate in the estimation of stories and code review
- Utilize test driven development
- Be invested in the success and feedback from our customers
Work culture and values
- Individual success is team success.
- Train and mentor our people to enable success and grow in programming knowledge.
- Each programmer has a stake in the product they work on for improvement, ease of use and robustness.
- Support a remote work-from-home environment and work to keep remote developers engaged and “in the loop”.
- Provide the best tools for the craft.
- Utilize open source technologies and contribute to the community.
- Maintain a good work-life balance.
- Lots of open communication via Slack for both local and remote employees - emojis encouraged
- Fly remote employees out to visit the local team a few times a year.
- Encourage learning - we get together for “Lunch & Learn”s where a team member shares their knowledge about technology, programming methodologies or new areas of the code base.
Frameworks and other technologies we use
- Ember.js, Ember Data
- HTML5, Sass, REST web services
- Node.js, Coffeescript
- MongoDB, Redis
- Ubuntu Server 18.04, Vagrant, Docker, Ansible, Nginx
Skills we're looking for:
- Experience working with Ember.js and Ember Data for complex applications
- Willingness to use Test Driven Development
Nice to have:
- Node.js experience
- DevOps experience
- (If remote) Prior experience working remotely