React Native Mobile Developer (Android) - USA Based Remote
WayBetter via Stack Overflow
Jun 8th 2018
WayBetter has an exciting opportunity for a passionate Senior Mobile Developer to help us build modern, mobile-first applications with service-oriented architecture. Working with a small, growing team of experienced engineers, you will be the expert on mobile development with a particular focus on Android. You will heavily influence technology decisions, architectural design, and product enhancements. You will play a key role in identifying and investigating new technologies, prototyping and testing, and rapid iteration releases.This is your chance to build mobile apps with modern technology in a greenfield environment.
- Experience developing Android apps using Java
- Significant exposure to React Native
- Experience developing iOS apps using Swift or Objective-C
- Experience releasing apps to App Store and Google Play
- Experience with inter-app communication
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with automated testing (writing unit tests)
- Understanding of mobile analytics and source attribution
- Understanding of user notification services
- Experience writing Camera Apps
Compensation and Benefits
- Generous health care coverage
- Untracked, flexible vacation policy
- Training opportunities
- Meaningful equity participation
- A healthy, collaborative, fun work environment
WayBetter is reinventing motivation itself. We make a whole new category of games that help people stick to their commitments — from eating better to exercising more to learning to cook, play the guitar, or speak Spanish. Our games use an innovative mix of manageable goals, social support, and financial incentives. DietBet launched in 2013, StepBet in 2016, RunBet in 2017, and SweatBet is coming in early 2018.
Our approach is based on behavioral science and it works. To date we've had 500,000 paying players who have collectively lost 6 million pounds and taken 50 billion steps. And we've paid out over $40 million to our winners.
In our games and in our work we believe that fun is the secret to sustainable success. As such we care a lot about our culture and practice what we preach by making it enjoyable, social, and rewarding.
WayBetter is the rare company with a double bottom line: we succeed when our customers do. Our mission as a company is to create games that improve people's lives in very real ways.
Want to apply? Please send your portfolio (website, GitHub, app links), resume, and a note that tells us something about you that we can't pick up from your portfolio/resume.