Quality Assurance Technical Lead
Splice Machine via Stack Overflow
San Francisco, CA
Sep 3rd 2018
Splice Machine, a San Francisco based startup software company, recently closed an additional $9 million dollars to expand our team. Work from anywhere in the US.
Splice Machine's CEO, Monte Zweben, is a serial entrepreneur and former Founder/ CEO of Blue Martini, one of the most successful IPOs in early 2000 ($2.9B). He started Splice Machine to disrupt the $30 billion traditional database market with the first open-source dual engine database and predictive platform to power Big Data, AI and Machine Learning applications.
Splice Machine has recruited a team of legendary Big Data advisors including Andrew Moore, Dean of Carnegie Mellon School of Computer Science and former VP Engineering Google, Roger Bamford, “Father of Oracle RAC”, Michael Franklin, former Director of AMPLab at UC Berkeley, Ken Rudin, Head of Growth and Analytics for Google Search, and Bruce Cleveland, Founding Partner at Wildcat Ventures and former Siebel & Oracle senior executive, to collaborate with the Splice Machine team as we blaze new trails in Big Data.
Splice Machine's predictive platform solution helps companies turn their Big Data into actionable business decisions. Our predictive platform eliminates the complexity of integrating multiple compute engines and databases necessary to power next-generation enterprise predictive AI and Machine Learning applications.
Quality Assurance Technical Lead
Splice Machine is looking for an experienced technical lead to head its Quality Assurance team, responsible for all testing of its ground-breaking Predictive Platform Solution, a scale-out SQL RDBMS, Data Warehouse & Machine Learning platform in one.
As the Quality Assurance Technical Lead, you will manage all prioritization and tasks for testing Splice Machine's Predictive Platform Solution. Recently recognized in Forresters' Translytical Wave Report, Splice Machine's “secret sauce” is a powerful and scalable translytical database which ingests high volumes of data at velocity while simultaneously performing analytics and serving concurrent queries. Our database is the foundation of Splice Machine's predictive platform and will be a core focus for the Quality Assurance Technical Lead to rigorously test. As such you will lead the testing strategy for new product versions as well as existing releases and patches.
- You've developed in-depth testing knowledge based on a comprehensive quality experience focused on software architecture, system relationships, and systems flow.
- Your depth of product knowledge and awareness of all the moving parts equips you to consciously choose what to attack and selectively ignore.
- You have strong opinions on testing best-practices, methods & techniques to achieve specific desired outcome based on real-world experiences.
- You pride yourself on staying current on advanced testing methodology, looking for any opportunity to discuss things like stochastic/ random testing mechanisms.
- You embrace uncertainty, creating clarity and calm in a fast-paced environment.
- You have diverse domain expertise in database and distributed systems and love taking on complex strategic quality challenges.
- You have a passion for utilizing the latest testing tools and ancillary software to make testing easy and highly effective.
What You Will Work On
- Own the quality roadmap for both product, service, and applications.
- Lead the Quality Assurance team through test-plan creation, test creation, test automation, bug fix verification, release verification, and all other manners of product testing, including performance, stability, failover, scalability, benchmarks.
- Work closely with product development, cloud and customer solutions teams to anticipate, identify, and solve quality & test related problems.
- Transform functional, business and system knowledge into effective test case planning, execution, and maintenance of test assets.
- Collaborate and communicate issues and risks to make the quality and test process visible, effective and on-time.
- Identify and implement test automation strategies based on product and platform quality requirements, developing custom scripts and using automation testing tools.
- Run automated tests, perform analysis, and generate meaningful reports and diagrams for the Product Development team.
- Work with customer data sets to continually enhance the QA suite of tests, ensuring automation of tests wherever possible.
- Be the champion of quality through Splice Machine, advocating and delivering quality initiatives.