Quality Assurance Engineer
Intellum, Inc. via We Work Remotely
Jun 7th 2018
Headquarters: Atlanta, GA
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our growing QA team.
User experience is everything, and we need someone to help our development team release the best user experiences possible. Your primary mission will be to protect our customers from bugs and bad user experiences that might have crept in during our development process.
In this role, you will work closely with our distributed Product and Services teams as well as the QA Manager to ensure our software releases are as high quality as they can be.
This position requires loads of passion for highly-usable, modern web experiences and mobile applications; a deep understanding of web application technologies; and very strong attention to detail.
The successful person in this role will:
- Be located in the US, preferably in Mountain, Central or Eastern time zone
- Work effectively within an internationally-distributed team
- Hold a bachelor's degree; technical focus preferred
- Have at least 4 years of experience working in Quality Assurance for web-based, SaaS applications, preferably in a Rails environment, and
- Have solid understanding of software testing practices, automation, and test plan development
- Develop, publish, and implement test plans using a behavior-driven approach
- Identify areas of risk, and create appropriate contingency plans
- Conduct, manual, automated, and exploratory testing of our applications
- Attend design reviews, requirements sessions, and technical team meetings
- Work closely with developers to maximize product quality, and maintain accurate defect tracking records
- Document and monitor both application defects and user experience improvements
- Follow projects throughout the software development lifecycle and ensure that all product releases function correctly
- Help coordinate software releases to production environments
- Participate in a small, experienced, energetic team on a rapid, agile development schedule
- Maintain and communicate testing timelines, schedules, and status reports
- Support a team of engineers, acting as gatekeeper for their changes
- Medical - 100% of employee premiums covered
- Dental - 100% of employee premiums covered
- Vision - 100% of employee premiums covered
- $3,500 per year in educational funds (“Boost Budget”)
To apply: Apply here - https://intellum-inc.workable.com/jobs/743176