Olo via Stack Overflow
Feb 15th 2019
Olo seeks a Quality Assurance Manager to join our engineering team and help us take the next steps towards whole team quality. As a QA Manager at Olo, you will play a significant and visible role in helping us deliver amazing products with a multi-faceted approach to product quality. You will also contribute to large cross-team initiatives that require a coordinated approach to quality.
You will partner with Engineering and Product Managers to shepherd quality aspects of key product and technology initiatives, and help us develop the execution skills that take us through our next wave of growth. As a servant leader, your focus will be on facilitating team progress to whole team quality, hiring and developing quality engineering talent, and ensuring that our quality processes and systems are ready to support emerging business priorities.
This is a full-time position. You can work at Olo's headquarters in New York City's Financial District or remotely from anywhere in the U.S. In fact, more than two-thirds of our engineering team is remote.
- Recent hands-on testing experience with modern UI's, APIs, and SOA
- Strong opinions on manual and exploratory testing and general software quality concepts
- In-depth knowledge of trends in software quality assurance
- In-depth knowledge of effective test automation frameworks and strategies
- Extensive knowledge of web technologies, particularly SAAS platforms
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, or related field, or have comparable industry experience.
- At least 6 years of experience in an agile testing role
- At least 6 years in an agile testing leadership role, with a track record of success
- Legal right to work in the U.S.
- Experience working in a C#/.NET environment.
- Experience with version control (especially Git).
- Experience with TeamCity and AWS.
- Experience testing hosted/cloud SaaS web applications
- Restaurant technology and/or e-commerce experience
- Management responsibilities
- Coach embedded QA engineers in Whole Team Quality practices and their team and product responsibilities
- Identify and address skill gaps in QA talent
- Support Olo's quality vision
- Partner with Engineering and Product Managers to adapt quality practices to each team's unique needs
- Team-level responsibilities (when embedded with a team)
- Become a domain expert for your team's domain and components
- Support company business initiatives as they relate to your team
- Represent the needs of the client and/or user and usability considerations during feature development
- Collaborate with product owners to uncover requirements, particularly around testability
- Collaborate with product owners and developers to design, implement and maintain visible test plans, test scenarios and test cases
- Analyze complex features to identify quality risks and provide suitable feedback, taking into consideration performance, reliability, scalability, resilience, and usability concerns, and be able to articulate a test strategy
- Provide clear and consistent test artifacts for test visibility and evidence of working software in multiple environments, including test case documentation and test results capture
- Promote team ownership of product quality (Whole Team Quality)
- Product quality responsibilities
- Lead cross-team test initiatives and and direct the work of less senior testers
- Serve as a mentor/role model for less experienced testers
- Educate teams on new approaches to software testing to help them become more efficient and effective
- Apply a variety of testing techniques to provide a multi-faceted inspection of a feature
- Propose creative solutions to our testing problems, both technological and process
- Identify and contribute to automated test solutions
- Find and report defects with detailed, accurate and concise steps to reproduce
- Organizational responsibilities
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve processes and tools that will benefit the whole team
- Recommend system enhancements where you see opportunities for improvements in UX, reliability, performance, etc.
- Collaborate with Product and Customer Success teams to incorporate specific client needs into testing strategies
Olo reaches millions of consumers by powering mobile and online ordering for many of the country's largest restaurant chains. Mobile ordering and payments is an exciting and active industry full of interesting players and yet still a relatively untapped market ripe for disruption.
We're quite up-front about the technical challenges our business faces. Running a platform with multiple white-labeled front-ends, that maintains real-time connections into thousands of restaurants' POS systems, and coordinates complex transactions between these and other third parties (such as payment gateways and gift card providers) is not for the faint of heart!
Olo is located at 26 Broadway in the historic Standard Oil Building, the former home of John D. Rockefeller. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of Paid Time Off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan, and perks like FitBits, rotating craft beers on tap in our kitchen, and food events featuring our clients' menu items (now you know why we give out FitBits!). Check out our culture map: https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
We encourage you to apply!
At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are consistently underrepresented across the tech sector and we are fully committed in doing our part to move the needle.
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is highly valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Olo, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you!