QA Automation Engineer - SDET
Modus Create via Stack Overflow
Aug 30th 2018
Are you ready to build great mobile and web-based applications and lead global teams with some of the brightest thought leaders, designers and technologists?
As our QA Automation Engineer, you are capable of working on a variety of development projects regardless of type and level of complexity. Whether you are on a project with no test framework or one with thousands of test cases already in place, you can provide complete and effective test strategies for the team.
This role may be performed from a remote location and is estimated to require an effort of 40 hours per week. Priority will be given to candidates within the Western Hemisphere.
- Implement automation test solutions for a web app used in the education space
- Collaborate daily on a distributed, cross functional agile team located in the Western Hemisphere
- Develop test strategies and POCs for our client
- Train clients on new tools and systems
- Collaborate daily with UX, Engineering, and DevOps to test and deliver an intuitive, highly visible web app
- Consult to our end client regarding development best practices
- Work at least 4 hours time-zone aligned from 8 AM - 12 Noon or 9 PM - 1 PM with GMT -4
- Have at least 2-5 years of experience working in Automation QA
- Designing test plans and processes for new products
- Testing mobile, mobile web and desktop web-based applications
- Automated functional testing with Selenium Webdriver similar systems
- TDD or BDD practices and their associated frameworks like Jasmine, Mocha, Cucumber.
- Working with Jenkins, Bamboo, CircleCI or comparable continuous integration systems
- Working with JIRA or similar bug tracking system
- Working in Agile and/or Kanban environments
- Previous experience working as a consultant
Highly qualified candidates will have
- Concise written and verbal communication skills for documenting bugs and test plans
- Track record of active participation and contributions to the testing community (Stack Overflow, QA/ automation framework forums, Meetup groups, blogging, Twitter)
- Familiarity with database systems, both SQL and NoSQL (For example, MySQL and MongoDB)
- Prior experience with setting up and installing VMs
- Grasp of the command line and scripting languages (like Bash and Powershell)
- Firm understanding of application development and the testing pyramid (UI, Service, Unit)
- Knowledge of utilizing Docker for testing
- Experience with API testing