Python Engineer with a Data Focus
Host Compliance via Jobspresso
Sep 3rd 2018
Are you a top-notch Python engineer with a keen eye for data? If so, we need to talk!
We're a fast growing startup looking for a strong Python engineer who can help us build scalable software around our data services. The apps you will build will make a real difference in thousands of peoples lives and will help local governments address their challenges around short-term rentals like Airbnb while making it easy for short-term rental hosts play by the rules.Key Responsibilities:
- Build user-friendly scalable web applications that makes a difference in the lives of thousands of people everyday
- Wire up front-end & backend services to be used by data analysts, citizens and government officials
- Expand our reporting and analytics tools
- Independently produce well-crafted reports, with an eye to detail to ensure that the report is both accurate and valuable.
- Write performant SQL queries and optimize existing queries.
- Contribute to our core Python code base
To be successful in this role you must be a person who thrives in an extremely fast-paced environment. We solve hard problems on tight deadlines and release multiple times per week
- 5 years of hands-on experience with Python
- A passion for fast-paced development and weekly or daily releases
- Experience with Agile / Scrum development processes
- 3+ years of “in the trenches” startup experience
- Experience working with a distributed software engineering team
- Experience with: Flask, Pandas, PostGIS, Jupyter notebook and Third-Party Services like: Google APIs, Lob, Webmerge, Twilio and Zapier
Who We Are:
Host Compliance is a privately held tech company headquartered in the heart of California's Silicon Valley. Our vision is a world in which the sharing economy works for everyone. We seek to contribute to this by being the leading independent and trusted third party that local governments can turn to for data, tools and impartial advice on how to implement and enforce local rules for Airbnb-style short-term rentals. You can learn more about us from these articles from the Wall Street Journal, CNN and CBC News. The team behind Host Compliance consists of an experienced group of data scientists, engineers and business people with backgrounds from Caltech, Harvard and McKinsey. The company is profitable and since launching out of Stealth mode in Q2 2016, it has grown extremely rapidly.