Product Engineer - React JS / React Native
TeamSnap via We Work Remotely
Aug 29th 2018
Do you love working with cross-platform (mobile, web and api) applications, maybe even consider yourself full stack? Do you have React skills that leave people in awe? Do you enjoy shipping code often, like nearly every day? We should talk!
TeamSnap is looking for a Product Engineer with strong React JS and React Native experience to join our remote software development team.
TeamSnap is a fun, flexible, growing company that takes UX and user delight seriously. We're looking for a product engineer with a focus on React JS and React Native with a can-do spirit who loves creating the best user experience for our more than 20 million users. You should take pride in your craft and model courageous and continuous learning. We're a company where trust, collaboration and communication are paramount, and opportunities to grow are limited only by your imagination.
We're a fast-moving and fun company with an enthusiastic, rapidly-growing customer base and a proven revenue model. We offer competitive benefits and have one of the best company cultures around, which was confirmed by Outside Magazine for the last three years in a row.
What You'll Be Doing
You'll be joining a highly productive and collaborative team with a lot of experience building applications and APIs using agile practices and principles. We'll be looking to you to take ownership in our front end applications and flex your eagerness to learn even into our APIs. You'll be helping us develop great user experiences for new and existing features and products. You will also be a part of integrating several of TeamSnap's products (web and mobile) into a cohesive product suite.
Some things that are pretty important to us:
- Experience with popular React workflows (such as Redux, React-router, reselect, etc.).
- Development experience using an agile methodology such as kanban, lean, scrum, xp.
- Ability to break down requirements into small releases and increments of work to allow for iterative development.
- Translate ideas and business requirements into quality UI/UX design and code given a common UI toolkit and at times a simple wireframe.
- Experience in developing and consuming RESTful APIs.
- Exposure and interest in full stack development, think “T-shaped” developer. Bonus points if you are familiar with Elixir and Phoenix.
- You take a product-first approach to building software where you care about the user experience and real-world functionality of your programming.
- Knowledge around automated testing, the Testing Pyramid and TDD/BDD.
- Strong debugging skills with the ability to reach out and work with peers to solve complex problems.
- Ability to work as part of a distributed team in a self-directed way with strong communication skills. Flexibility, teamwork, empathy, a sense of humor and courage to challenge the status quo are must haves in this environment.
Other things that would be nice to have:
- Familiarity using CI/CD to ship high-quality code quickly.
- Involvement in recreational sports, since, after all, it's who we cater to. We'd love for your experiences to directly shape and improve our products.
- Super Bowl tickets for all your co-workers (hey, we can dream).
- Working knowledge of Firebase and/or other Google API's.
- Experience using and developing front-ends that take advantage of websockets.
We are headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, but as a distributed company we have employees all over the US. Ultimately we are looking for the right person, regardless of where you live.
If you're looking for an opportunity to show off the very best of your skills, in an environment of trust, respect and flexibility, this might very well be the best job you'll ever have. We're passionate about helping our customers spend less time organizing and more time playing. If you share this passion, let's talk.
Diversity and Inclusion
TeamSnap is a company built around trust, kindness and collaboration, where diverse backgrounds, experiences and beliefs are celebrated and valued. This is a place where everybody belongs.
And you'll really impress us if you sign up for a free TeamSnap account, download our current app, and come at us with real ideas. We live and breathe our product, and we're looking for someone who will bring that same passion. We're certainly interested in your work history, but we're most interested in your understanding of our product and your vision for its future.