PreSales Solution Architect - Web Crawling
Scrapinghub via Stack Overflow
Jul 9th 2018
Scrapinghub is looking for a motivated Solution Architect to further accelerate the rapid growth Scrapinghub has seen in the last 3+ years.
As a Solution Architect, you will be in charge of the requirement analysis phase of our Professional Services projects. You will gather the customer requirements, analyze and provide technical solutions to our customers and our internal teams for development and delivery. You will be pivotal in translating customer and technical project requirements across various internal and external teams.
- Meet with customers for requirement collection and provide technical consultation and advice.
- Deconstruct raw business / customer requirements and identifying the actual business problems the customer is trying to solve.
- Translate customer requirements into a viable business solution, execute the necessary; conduct deep technical investigation, propose the best approach and solution inclusive of effort, cost estimates, and occasionally project timelines which fit the customer's business goals and expectations.
- Build Proof of Concepts, to showcase technical expertise in data acquisition projects, assess feasibility, refine scope, and achieve project collaboration and engagement
- Mentor developers to build a strong team of Solution Architects.
- Ensure you are up-to-date on Scrapinghub products and service offerings which will enable you to provide an architectural solution that includes the latest capabilities and provide value to our customers
- Create, write and present customer proposals and ensure it completely captures the technical requirements for the solution proposed
- Take ownership of learning upcoming product and service capabilities by requesting training sessions from the concerned team.
- Work with subject matter experts to provide better solutions.
- You have solid knowledge and understanding of aspects of web crawling using Python & Scrapy.
- You have strong client and customer facing experience - minimum of 3 years experience in a similar position within a technical environment
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and are comfortable in document writing, both technical and non technical
- You possess excellent presentation skills and experience in articulating technical and business solutions to both technical and non technical audiences.
- You have the ability to articulate and convey technical solutions effectively and clearly to internal teams and stakeholders.
- You have the zeal to understand customer business requirements really well by asking the right questions.
- You have the confidence to assert and justify the technical feasibility of a requirement, to make decisions, negotiate scope, and assess risk.
- You have solid experience of mentoring teams preferably software developers.
- You demonstrate proven knowledge and experience of estimation, planning, and project management.
- You are well organized, self-motivated, and communicative -- an essential skill in a remote team.
Bonus points for:
- You have experience in web crawling in any other tools.
- A proven track record of working with a remote team
- Knowledge of and interest in web crawling, data mining and information retrieval