Mar 27th 2019
Headquarters: Kalamazoo, MI
Are You A Connector?
We are. It is our passion, our drive, and our mission.
Who Are We?
Interview Valet is the leader in Podcast Interview Marketing. We work with top authors, coaches, speakers, and brands to get them on the best podcasts so they can be heard by their ideal customers. We help them turn passive listeners into active visitors, engaged leads, and profitable customers.
Our mission is to personally introduce inspiring thought leaders to millions of ideal customers they could serve for the betterment of all.
Our values are:
1. Relationships are the ultimate currency 2. People remember how you make them feel 3. In this digital age of automation, the personal touch is the difference 4. Our success is proportional to our systems. 5. Life is short, work should be fun
We are not another pop-up, generic booking service that spams lists with robo emails. We are a strong team that builds relationships.
Interview Valet provides you
• The team (currently 14) to give you support and comradery • The systems to ensure your success • The database to provide you unmatched access • The name recognition as a major sponsor at podcast conferences
What We Need
An amazing Podcast Booking Coordinator who has the heart to serve, ambition to excel, maturity to work remotely, and the personality to mesh well with team.
You'll be helping our clients grow their businesses through podcast guest appearances (these interviews will be listened to by thousands of people).
This is a client facing role with both clients and podcast hosts, so having confidence, empathy, and the ability to communicate via email, text, phone, and video is a must.
Specifically, you will help us with:
Interview scheduling - Coordinating with podcaster's and clients to book interviews at times that work best for each of them Podcast Outreach – Introducing the right guest, to the right podcast, in the right way. Project Management- Keeping our project management systems up to date (Asana/AirTable/GMail) in real-time so we can best track client deliverables Relationship Building – The richness of our life is proportional to the richness of our relationships. We want to create and nurture meaningful relationships with our clients and podcast hosts.
The basics you bring:
You are positive, outgoing, and friendly personality that shines through virtual communication. Life is short, work should be fun You are used to being the “backbone” for others. You're outstanding at helping others make their mission possible. You are a good human being and see others the same way. You believe life is not a zero-sum game. We all can win. You are a proactive problem solver. You are psychologically self-employed (we're a fully remote company that does not micromanage or babysit). You are coachable and want to be part of a team. Your ego and drive do not get in your way You can balance multiple projects at the same time You have attention to detail - use the word "fun" somewhere in your application. You know the inner workings of Gmail, Google Calendar, and Google Docs in a way that others may find disturbing. You manage confidentiality without exception. You will be required to sign an NDA, as our client's privacy is very important to us.
Stop reading now if:
You are a cynic, sarcastic, and a pessimist You are scared by technology You want everything to stay constant. We are a fast-growing company. Roles, systems, and procedures are constantly refined, tested and improved. We thrive with this. Others cringe. Are just looking for a J.O.B. We are obsessed with what we do and who we work with. As a result, we have had extremely low turnover.
Let's Talk Specifics:
While we do get together in-person occasionally, we're primarily a remote company. You can work anywhere you want - from your house, favorite coffee shop, co-working space, the beach....as long as it's got a strong internet signal.
This is a part-time 20 hour per week contract position with a starting rate of $15/hr plus discretionary quarterly bonuses.
We are a fast-growing company, and see this position leading to more hours and growth opportunities based upon performance.
Let's Do This Thing:
To apply for this position, please follow the steps below exactly as they are listed:
1. Create a Google Doc for your application. Keep it well organized and easy to digest.
2. Include the following Name Email Phone number URL of your Linkedin profile (if you have one) URL of your website (if you have one) URL of your Twitter (if you have one) URL of your Instagram (if you have one)
3. Answer the following survey questions in the Google Doc (keep brevity in mind):
1. Why do you want to work at Interview Valet? 2. After reading the job description, why do you feel you are a great fit for this role? Sell us on why we should hire you over everyone else. What differentiates you from your peers? 3. Give us a brief description (in your own words, no resumes or CVs) of your background. Do you have experience that coordinates with what we're looking for in this role? 4. What have you improved on most during the last year, and what would you like to improve upon next? 5. How do you get to know someone and then build relationships in your own world? 6. Do you listen to non-fiction podcasts? If so, what are some of your favorites? 7. What is your work availability and desired work schedule? Please be as specific as possible with your availability on a day/week basis and time zones. 8. Where did you hear about this job posting? 9. Is there anything else we should know about you?
4. Send your application in one email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The subject line should read “IV Podcast Booking Agent: YOUR NAME” The body of the email should include a link to the Google Doc and nothing else.
Note: If we like your email we will ask you to jump on a video call and take an online assessment. Before either one of us makes a commitment we will let you meet and talk with some of the team members.
You will also get a 2-hour project using a fictitious client that shows you the type of work you will be doing. You will be paid for this work regardless of if you are ultimately hired.
Thanks for your time! We look forward to hearing from you!
To apply: email@example.com