Axios via Jobspresso
Anywhere in US
Sep 22nd 2018
Quick Take: Axios is a new digital media company that tells you what matters and why to make you smarter, faster. We're hiring an Operations Engineer.
Why it Matters: You will support and maintain our existing systems while also building them out. You will help configure AWS, come up with better deployment practices, make our systems more efficient and help us prepare for disasters.
Go Deeper: This opportunity will allow you to play a role in shaping database operations, server architecture and engineering for a start-up that is unapologetically fixing media.
The Details: You have worked on a project from idea to creation and completion, even if it was on your own. We're looking for the following skillset:
- Fast learner with an ability to work collaboratively
- Experience building and maintaining AWS infrastructure
- Knowledge of Docker, Ansible and Terraform
- Demonstrated experience with Python
- Always looking to make systems more efficient, faster and cheaper
- Past experience with Content Management Systems is a plus
- Knowledge of Jenkins, scripting Jenkinsfiles and parallel builds
- Proven ability to leverage AWS API with tools such as boto3 and others
- Background in operations security/compliance practices very helpful
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Learning and development stipend