Jul 2nd 2018
Oddball believes that the best products are built when engineers understand and value the things they are working on. We value learning and growth and the ability to make a big impact at a small company. Work-life balance is important to us, and not something we just pay lip service to. We believe that we can make big changes happen and improve the daily lives of millions of people by bringing quality software to the federal space.
We are looking for an experienced developer to help build improve and build out backend code that interfaces with external systems. As an early hire on a small team, you'll have a huge stake in what we build and how we work.
Our engineering team is small, distributed, and largely asynchronous. We value a calm, collected environment where you can focus on doing great work. Aside from a couple of weekly check-ins or project updates, you'll be able to work interruption-free.
You can expect top-of-the-market pay and flexible hours. We are a fully remote team.
What you'll be doing
Working hand in hand with other engineers developing and running a high traffic node.js application. Day to day work will involve writing code, developing tests, and debugging.
As a senior engineer, you will be expected to give input on high-level architecture decisions and communicate those decisions to other developers on the team.
- 3+ years extensive experience with JS, including node.js.
- The desire to mentor and improve junior and mid-level developers
- The ability to write code that is a pleasure for other engineers to read and understand
- The ability to speak and write in terms that non-developers can understand clearly, whether it be in a conference call, blog post or support email.
- The ability to keep cool under pressure as you provide first level support for a critical, high traffic application.
Must be located within the US
This is a salaried role. As part of your benefits package, Oddball provides a continuing education stipend and a tech stipend per month.