Jan 9th 2019
The mobile team at Lonely Planet is the caretaker of Guides, the ultimate companion for travelers on the ground in a new destination, and Trips, a community of travelers sharing their adventures with each other and the world.
As a team, we rise to the challenge of bringing over 40 years of authored travel content to life on mobile devices in a way that is engaging for our community and relevant for individual travelers around the globe.
We're committed to delivering apps of exemplary quality that are fast & reliable across a broad range of devices. We are seeking a Mobile QA Engineer to join our team and lead the QA process for our products on both Android & iOS. Although the team has some QA processes in place, we have never had a dedicated QA resource, so this is an opportunity for a qualified candidate to substantially define and own the QA process for apps used by millions of customers each year.
We're seeking candidates based in Nashville, TN for this role but will consider extraordinary candidates based in other US cities.
All candidates must be:
- An expert in the field of native mobile QA, with a portfolio of popular, active applications that you've helped to maintain
- Professionally fluent in English
- Proficient at clear, concise written communication
- Experienced with working on a remote team
- Highly self-motivated
- Obsessively detail-oriented
Daily responsibilities will vary, but will include:
- Working with the team to develop standards for measuring product quality and readiness to release
- Owning the QA workflow from story conception to software deployment
- Creating, maintaining, and executing automated and manual test cases that implement our standards
- Detecting, isolating, reproducing, documenting, and prioritizing defects
- Reporting those defects to the team & verifying fixes
- Scheduling & executing routine regression testing prior to releases
- Testing new features and enhancements across various devices and scenarios
Bonus if familiar with:
- Popular native mobile automation and testing technologies, including Espresso and UI Automator for Android, and XCUITest and UIAutomation for iOS
- CI tools such as Jenkins, Travis CI, etc
- Firebase Test Lab
What's in it for you?
This is an exceptional opportunity to work for a growing team in a globally loved brand in a truly global company, with offices in the UK, US, Australia, Ireland, China & India. You will also receive 3 weeks of vacation, a competitive salary based on your experience and region, 401K and great medical coverage.
Please ensure you submit a cover letter detailing your salary expectations along with your CV telling us why you'd like to join our team.
Lonely Planet participates in the federal government's E-Verify program. With E-Verify, we are able to confirm the employment authorization of all newly hired employees through an electronic database maintained by the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security. The E-Verify process is completed in conjunction with the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, upon commencement of employment. E-Verify is not used as a tool to pre-screen candidates. For up-to-date information on E-Verify, please go to www.uscis.gov and click on the 'E-Verify' logo.