Mobile Developer iOS/Android Wearables (m/f)
komoot via Stack Overflow
Jun 9th 2018
Millions of people experience real-life adventures with our apps. We help users all over the world discover the best hiking and biking routes, working to empower everybody to explore more of the great outdoors. And we're good at what we do: Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times—and we are consistently ranked amongst the highest-grossing apps in both Google Play and the App Store. We go where our users go and help them explore any environment they want. As such, apps on Apple Watch, Android Wear, Samsung Gear and Garmin IQ are a natural part of our ever-expanding app offering. To help us continue to offer the best komoot experience on wearables, we are looking for a passionate mobile developer to join our team.
Your key responsibilities
- Take over full ownership of all our apps on wearables, from code architecture to testing and publishing.
- Work in close collaboration with our team of designers, copywriters, and Android/iOS/web experts to develop innovative new features.
- Optimize the functionality and quality of the apps.
- Bring the komoot experience to even more devices.
Why you will love it
- You'll tangibly enable millions of people to have awesome outdoor experiences with your apps.
- You'll use everything the wearable platform offers, from the latest APIs to the newest features and devices.
- You'll work in direct contact with design and developer teams from Google and Apple.
- We let you work from wherever you want, be it a beach, the mountains, your home, or anywhere else that lies in any time zone between UTC-1 and UTC+3.
- You'll work on challenging tasks, such as turn-by-turn navigation, on-/offline hybrids, Bluetooth connection and data synchronization.
- You'll be developing in fast cycles with continuous builds, testing and direct team feedback.
- Your expert knowledge will make you a key player amongst a team of highly motivated, talented people. We believe good ideas count more than hierarchies.
- You'll travel together with our team to amazing outdoor places several times a year to exchange ideas, learnings and go for hikes and rides.
- You'll build and improve apps that we're pretty sure you'll end up using for your personal outdoor trips.
You will be successful in this position if you
- Are highly self-driven, responsible and keen to learn and improve.
- Love to develop and use awesome products for a great user experience.
- Have proven experience in developing high quality wearable apps for watchOS and Android Wear (2+ years).
- Have worked on Android and iOS Applications (2+ years).
- Know about Garmin IQ and Tizen and would love to build something for these platforms.
- Write code that's readable, well documented and is meaningfully tested.
- Have a passion for building apps for wearable devices that you'll use to guide your own adventures in the outdoors.
- Have experience in working in a distributed team, have good communication skills and love to work together with others in fast development cycles.
Sounds like you?
Then send us the following:
- Your CV.
- A write-up explaining who you are and why you are interested in working at komoot.
- Examples of your work (e.g. GitHub, PDFs, Slideshare, etc.).
- Something that shows us a little more about what you're interested in, be it your Twitter/Instagram account or your blog.
- As we love people that go the extra mile, you'll get bonus points for doing something creative with komoot.