Findify via Stack Overflow
Dec 18th 2018
We are looking for Devops specialists to help us build and maintain our growing stack. At Findify, we make extensive use of data-collection, processing and machine learning algorithms to help our merchants provide better search and recommendations to their customers. You would be responsible for building and improving the current infrastructure while setting up automatic processes to make the stack more reliable.
Our tech stack
We always strive to use the most suitable tool for the job, so our stack is constantly evolving. Currently, our backend is written mostly in Scala and Node.js. We use Scala for data processing and to power our machine learning algorithms. Node is used as a web framework to facilitate the interaction with our customers via various APIs. We make extensive use of AWS, and use any component we find suitable within our architecture, so we can focus on building our proprietary tech. We have more than 150 servers, we are using different types of databases, we deploy daily and have several testing pipelines in place. We try to use managed services as much as we can to lower the maintenance costs. We like to embrace new technologies and processes that are helping our engineers be more productive!
We're not afraid to challenge our choices, we love open source and above all, we're a product driven company so technology is at the core of everything we do. You can check out our full stack on StackShare.
Our development culture
We are a small team that moves fast and iterates. We run weekly sprints, code reviews, testing, and once your code is submitted it gets pushed to production through our continuous deployment infrastructure (Jenkins). We put a lot of emphasis on code style, cleanliness and robustness. We care about monitoring, alerting and security. You will get to work with amazing engineers.
What you can expect from us:
You'll have the opportunity to make a real impact on the product, company vision and culture. You will get to work with the latest technologies out there, without being bound to any legacy. We will never limit your creativity, never shut down ideas before testing them with customers and we will never be boring! it's going to be an exciting ride!
If this sounds like a company you'd love be a part of building, and you've got the skill set, please get in touch with us!
We'd love to hear from you!
Skills and requirements
What we're looking for:
The most important thing we are looking for in a candidate is proven passion for building maintainable blocks and problem solving: a Github/Stackoverflow account for an automated library you built, an interesting project you can share, or a blog you write will go a long way.
We are a distributed team, so you can work from anywhere you want! Located in Dublin? A huge plus.
It's really important to us that you have the ability to adapt to the company's work processes using the agile-scrum methodology, and using tools such as Jira and Slack. Not only because of our remote working culture, but even more so because of this, you need to be really awesome at communicating, and to be organized and self-driven.
Oh, and you need to want to have fun :)
- Maintain the current technical stack
- Improve the monitoring capabilities (currently based on Grafana/InfluxDB, Pagerduty)
- Help our applications become more reliable, maintainable and scalable.
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Kubernetes (cluster administration, monitoring, auto-scaling and advanced settings)
- 2-3 years of experience supporting systems running on AWS, using technologies such as VPC, Subnets, EC2, S3, Route53, Kinesis, Cloudwatch.
- Experience setting up applications monitoring (telemetry, alerting, reporting)
- CI/CD Knowledge (Jenkins is a +)
- Experience with multi-zone deployment / blue-green deployment
- Experience writing automation scripts (Bash/Python/other)
- Experience with a configuration management tool like Ansible or Terraform
Beyond the basics:
- Usage of AWS Spot instances
- Experience with multi-region deployment setup
- Experience with Zookeeper, Clickhouse, Kafka, Consul or/and Cassandra
- Distributed systems background