Mid Level Full Stack Developer
Tenth Avenue Commerce via Stack Overflow
Jul 10th 2018
About Social Media Link
Social Media Link is a fast growing tech-enabled marketing solutions company in New York City. Since 2009, we've been about connecting brands with consumers and amplifying the power of the consumer voice. Through SML's solutions, brands can easily connect with influential consumers and activate reviews, user content and recommendations that drive awareness and purchase. SML is proud to work with clients like Unilever, P&G, Church & Dwight, Nestle, Reckitt Benckiser, Pfizer, NBC, Kimberly Clark and more.
We're innovative in our technology, passionate about our clients and community, and we're a pretty fun group too. SML offers a great company culture where employees have the opportunity to make an impact among a growing team of passionate people who work hard, help each other and have fun.
About The Role
As a full-stack developer, you'll join our development team as a full contributing member, building new features, maintaining our existing codebase, and solving all sorts of technical problems. We build everything from tools for our internal sales and management teams to external applications for our day-to-day customers. Whether you're building a new responsive UI component, optimizing a particularly nasty API call, or designing a database schema, you'll be empowered to build it the right way, and because we're a small team, everything we do has a big impact on the way we operate.
We're looking for an enthusiastic, collaborative developer with 2-4 years of experience who isn't afraid to take ownership of a project and thrives working in collaboration with other smart people. We're always learning and honing our skills, and we want to work with people who are going to make us smarter.
- Build it - translate feature requirements and use cases into production-ready, heavily-tested applications
- Maintain it - make sure our applications stay up and performant, and troubleshoot issues when they crop up
- Leave it better than you found it - have an eye towards performance and code maintenance with every change you make
- Collaborate - stay up-to-date on technology trends and best-practices, and share those thoughts with the team through code reviews and chat
- 2-3 years of experience building enterprise-level web applications
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience working with relational databases (we use PostgreSQL)
- Familiarity with some JS frameworks – Vue experience is especially helpful
- Experience with Git
- Experience with some automated build tool (Maven, SBT, Travis, Jenkins)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.