Manufacturing Automation Software Engineer
SmileDirectClub via Stack Overflow
Sep 5th 2018
We're SmileDirectClub, and we believe everyone deserves a smile they'll love. We also believe that you deserve a job you'll love. Good thing you found us, and we found you. At SmileDirectClub, we're all about empowering transformation. We want people to become more confident in how they look, how they feel, and how they think. So, we're spreading smiles and positivity all over the country.
It's no small task. That's why we're looking for energetic, passionate, and confident team members who can help turn frowns into life-changing grins. Are you up for it?
SmileDirectClub is hiring a Manufacturing Automation Software Engineer to help create the technology platform for an innovative B2C startup. We're looking for bright, ambitious, and highly capable people that are able to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment while working with advanced technologies.
Develops software in support of new CAD/CNC process automation, works closely with team members and stakeholders to develop and implement requirements. Performs hands on software development tasks for machinery that performs fabrication of parts and tooling components. Interfaces directly with manufacturing engineering to coordinate release schedule with new processes. Provides software schedule and shares final responsibility for manufacturing cost. Maintains both release and development revision records for coordination with manufacturing operations and quality systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs software activity in support of team-based process automation development.
- Risk Assessment in real time of new software development in team environment.
- Proactively participate with mechanical and process engineers to optimize software flexibility and timeline.
- Develop solutions in support of new state of the art manufacturing processes, methods, and technologies.
- Vision to support integration and automation of existing manufacturing systems and processes.
- Develop and produce software programs that comply with industry format and language standards.
- Assure that all software source code is stored and documented in a safe and retrievable location and format.
- Ensures the effective fulfillment of objectives and deadlines assigned to the group.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Human Resources.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS degree in the field or the sciences required or equivalent 10 years.
- Advanced technical degree preferred but not required.
- 10 years of experience in the development of software for manufacturing software automation.
- Experience with Mastercam, Gibbs Cam, Esprit CAM, or similar required.
- Experience with G-code programming syntax
- Experience with Capstone, Rockwell Automation, Honeywell, Emerson or similar required.
- Experience with implementing and configuring API gateways for integration into a manufacturing automation environment.
- Full understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Knowledge with the following as implementation tools to enable manufacturing automation:
- C#, Python, Scala, Go or Ruby experience.
- RDBMS experience; Postgres, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle
- Demonstrable micro-service/SOA design and implementation experience.
- Expert knowledge in service topology, protocol, security and discovery; SOAP, REST
- Experience with automation technologies such as: MTConnect, STEP-NC, or similar a plus.
- Experience in Medical Device or Pharmaceuticals manufacturing in a FDA regulated environment helpful, but not mandatory.
- Master Black Belt, Black belt or green belt in Six Sigma helpful, but not mandatory
Benefits of joining the club:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401K with match
- Aligner and Whitening Benefit
- Collaborative work environment and positive culture
SmileDirectClub was founded on a simple belief: everyone deserves a smile they love. The Company is the first digital brand for straightening your smile, created after the realization that recent trends in 3D printing and telehealth could bring about disruptive change to the invisible aligner market by matching licensed professionals, a quality clear-aligner product, and customers together. By leveraging proprietary, cutting-edge technology, SmileDirectClub, LLC-affiliated dentists are providing greater access of care to consumers who couldn't otherwise afford orthodontic treatment to get a better smile.
Want to learn more about us?
Check out https://smiledirectclub.com