Lead Security Engineer - Remote
Dealer Inspire via Stack Overflow
Mar 26th 2019
Dealer Inspire is an automotive website platform provider located in Naperville, Illinois. We pride ourselves in having a fun, unconventional working environment and a great culture. While our team works extremely hard, we try to keep it a fun and creative work environment. At Dealer Inspire, we like to look at current problems and 'rethink' about solutions. We're flexible - we don't write requirements in stone, and things can change regularly. This means rethinking how the solutions work best.
Want to learn more about who we are? Check us out here!
We are looking for a Lead Security Engineer to take the reins of our security programs. At Dealer Inspire, we believe that security is paramount to building trust with our customers. As the Lead Security Engineer you will have the opportunity to develop and improve security programs that enable stakeholders across Dealer Inspire to deliver secure software.
What you will do:
- Partner with development teams to ensure OWASP best practices are being followed.
- Lead internal penetration tests across critical assets.
- Develop internal data handling & storage procedures.
- Partner with sales teams to ensure compliance with customer security requirements.
- Develop roadmaps to receive ISO & SOC certifications.
- Train internal teams on security policies and practices.
- Work with executive team to develop long-term security goals.
- Partner with IT teams to assess the risk of threats and vulnerabilities to Dealer Inspire and the services Dealer Inspire provides to its clients.
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux shell, AWS, vulnerability scanners, Mac OS X
- Ability to perform tasks with limited supervision
- Previous application security testing or Incident Response (IR) experience, including presenting and documenting vulnerabilities, findings or incidents.
- Strong understanding of software security architecture and design and the ability to clearly articulate best practices for application security
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, breaking down vulnerabilities to both developers and leadership.
- Comprehensive knowledge, experience, and understanding of testing for the OWASP Top 10
- CISSP or CISA certification.
- Experience working directly with clients
$90,000+ per year based upon skill and previous experience. Motivated and talented individuals may advance quickly in our fast growing company.
- Health Insurance with BCBS, Delta Dental (Orthodontics coverage available), Eye Med Vision
- 401k plan with company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 13 days paid time off, parental leave, and selected paid holidays
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Subsidized gym membership
- Subsidized internet access for your home
- Peer to Peer Bonus program
*Not a complete, detailed list. Benefits have terms and requirements before employees are eligible.