Lead Product Manager
Manifold via Stack Overflow
San Francisco, CA
Jul 6th 2018
Manifold is helping developers break free from the closed ecosystems of the cloud and into a more open, standards based community of services and APIs. Our marketplace connects applications, wherever they are hosted, to independent cloud services made by developers who care. Read more about our vision and funding here and check out our blog.
We are looking for a collaborative and highly technical lead product manager, with previous growth or startup experience. You will help us develop a rapid, iterative product cycle that uses customer development, experiments, data, and well-tuned intuition to build our product and our roadmap. You have creativity, rigor, confidence, and humility.
We believe that you'll love to work with the intelligent, kind, productive, and inspiring people who would be your colleagues. Many of us have strong ties to the open-source world, and have experience building tools at companies like Heroku, Red Hat, and Canonical.
Our first choice is that you work in our San Francisco office, but you can also join the half of us who work remotely within a few time zones of US Eastern, or the fine people in our home office in Halifax, Canada. We value diversity, equal opportunity, and supporting a remote-reliant distributed culture. Gender diversity is currently about one fifth.
What you'll do
- Connect directly with customers throughout the product development lifecycle. Participate in customer development, user research, user testing, and customer support.
- Collaborate deeply with fellow product managers, designers, engineers, marketing, and the executive team.
- Hypothesize, experiment, gather data, interpret, and act.
- Facilitate building our product vision and roadmaps, with alignment and enthusiasm from the team. Help make tough prioritization decisions, based on well-supported and well-reasoned rationales. Adjust dynamically based on new information.
- Communicate progress, changes, and setbacks clearly.
- Help lead a friendly, open culture that encourages us to support one another, challenge one another, and grow stronger together.
- Be a model and mentor for our other product managers.
- Be passionate about our mission, advocate for us, and help us envision Manifold's future.
- Be curious. Learn, practice, share, and improve our knowledge, tools, and processes.
What you'll need
- Deep empathy and respect for others, both customers and peers; combined with a backbone, intuition, and clearly reasoned opinions.
- Strong communication skills, with a team-centric and remote-reliant approach to discussion and decision-making that intelligently balances asynchronous and synchronous messaging.
- Strong technical ability. Ideally, some or all of the following describes you: you are proficient in one or more programming languages; you have experience and opinions about authorization systems; you like working in the terminal; or you are comfortable with modern development and deployment standards like Git, Docker, and Kubernetes.
- Strong analytical abilities, with experience in SQL, A/B and multivariate tests, metrics, and statistics.
- A real passion for design, usability, and detail.
- Deep and broad knowledge of the cloud developer tools space, or an ability to gain it quickly.
- Experience working with a distributed team, or an interest in learning.
- 5+ years of product management or equivalent experience.
- Nice to have: experience with marketplaces and/or SaaS products.
We're looking for
- Product Management
- Customer Development
A little bit about us
At Manifold, we help developers discover and use innovative tools and technologies; so you can focus on building, not managing, your applications. Each new cloud service we use today introduces complexity in the form of another bill, account to manage, credential to secure, and code to deploy.
Manifold allows you to build and offer cloud services to developers without having to worry about billing, identity, and credential distribution (An example of one such service: JawsDB).
We're a small, remote-reliant venture-backed company based in Halifax, Canada with an office in San Francisco. With a shared passion for making developers lives easier and our backgrounds reflect that, having worked at the likes of Red Hat, Heroku, Canonical, and Salesforce.
Are you interested?
We offer competitive compensation, equity opportunities, and excellent health care options, with additional perks such as a yearly professional development allowance. Please apply here, or by emailing email@example.com.