Lead Front-End Engineer (AngularJS expertise required)
Oportun via Stack Overflow
San Carlos, CA
Jul 25th 2018
We are continuing to grow our Front-end Engineering talent. We're looking not only for a proven engineer, but for a great team member--someone who is comfortable working with our product, platform, and design teams to bring the next step in our company vision to life.
In our team, we put a high degree of trust in our leaders to deliver against the commitments we make to each other and to our business partners. Therefore, you'll need to demonstrate a high degree of accountability, the ability to spot a problem + own it to resolution and the ability to inspire others to cross the finish line strong.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN AN IDEAL CANDIDATE?
- Desire for quick-iteration--working closely with design and product teams to make incremental and impactful enhancements to the frontend
- Flexibility to work on multiple projects at once
- Experience with responsive web design (knowing what media queries are, for example, and when to use them)
- A passion for quality design, and pixel-perfect implementation.
- Ability to influence, guide, and reinforce the adoption of design and coding standards across engineers.
- Ability to work with and mentor junior developers
- Comfort in delegating and distributing work to junior developers
- An understanding of what it takes to write testable and maintainable code
- Comfortable using the Atlassian tools to track your tasks and code (JIRA/Bitbucket)
- MS or BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 7+ years (or more) experience shipping quality code
- 3 year's experience with leading frontend frameworks like AngularJS and Angular 1.5/2
- Experience contributing front-end code to a publicly available, consumer-focused web application.
- Experience with REST-based APIs