PRI via Authentic Jobs
PRI is a close-knit team of smart, creative professionals. We love what we do, and we love to work together. We're looking for a curious Junior Designer who thrives in a deeply collaborative environment. You obsess over beautifully crafted experiences, love solving challenging problems, and diving head first into something new. You have a diverse background and your skills extend from digital through to print and typography. You build meaningful relationships with your coworkers that bring ideas to life in new and innovative ways.
Who are we? We're a well-respected digital agency based out of New Jersey. Known for our deep strategic thinking, we create comprehensive web experiences that span across channels (web, mobile, and social). Innovation is at the core of our colleague relationships and client work – not just for the sake of innovation, but to elevate the end users' experiences and exceed our clients' unique goals.
Not in New Jersey? Not a problem, we're a distributed team.
You will work on a variety of products, including websites, books, magazines, product packaging, exhibitions, corporate identity, social media graphics, etc. and you will collaborate with our entire team.
- Work well with other designers and creatives in a collaborative setting
- Take direction and communicate with Art Director and senior team members to receive feedback
- Support the team throughout the execution of campaigns and projects
- Take the design “brief” to record requirements and clients' needs
- Work with a wide range of media and be able to work on both print and digital (web and email) products as needed by the team
- Think creatively and develop new design concepts, graphics and layouts
- Prepare well thought out mockups and rough drafts and be able to articulate your ideas
- Amend final designs to clients' comments and gain full approval
- Work as part of a team with copywriters, designers, stylists, executives etc.
- EXCELLENT communication skills (written, verbal, documentation) - as a distributed team, we communicate a lot online throughout our entire day so it's important that you're comfortable with that!
- Ability to work well with a team and take direction
- Willingness to work on a large variety of projects
- Proficiency in Adobe Products (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, etc.)
- Ability to see print projects through prepress to commercial printing
- Skilled in wireframing and concept or prototype design
- Passion in solving design problems, both UX and print, with creativity & users in mind
- Interest in UX and practicing user-centered design techniques
- Have a general knowledge and understanding of social media platforms
- Obsession with quality and extraordinary visual design talent with a pixel-level attention for details
- Organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects and tasks
- Excellent design sensibilities and an interest in improving skills/continued education
- Ability to work as part of a distributed team and have discipline to work from remote location
- Meet tight deadlines for projects
- Provide daily updates and progress as required
Education and Experience
- 1 to 3 years relevant experience
- College graduates, design degree preferred (must provide portfolio or work samples)