RoosterMoney via Stack Overflow
Jul 24th 2018
RoosterMoney is a pocket money & allowance tracking app that helps parents teach their kids the value of money in a digital age. Simple, progressive and gameful, we bring to life all the sound traditional financial principles we were brought up with (or wish we were!) and make managing money smart, fun & relevant for the modern world.
We believe the world would be a better place if we all talked about money a little earlier on in life. Research shows that our money habits are formed by the age of seven. Thats a pretty amazing opportunity to help give kids a head-start in building habits that will stick with them for life.
WHY ROOSTERMONEY?RoosterMoney has been featured in The Times, Telegraph, Guardian, FT, Wall Street Journal, CNBC, Australian Herald to name a few. Hundreds of thousands of families have downloaded the RoosterMoney app since our launch in January 2016. We are looking for a talented and motivated senior UI developer to join our team to help us achieve even more amazing things. We have a generous share option scheme and youll be joining us as we expand across a number of new territories.
We're looking for a software developer who has held mid-senior positions on front-end engineering teams, who will operate with a high level of autonomy.
You will be developing our core RoosterMoney app and working across the platform as a whole within our small but growing product team (currently 8), building an application that is used by families around the world. You have a passion for UX and UI, best practice development and building a product that delights users on a daily basis, taking pride in shipping quality code that is easy to test, maintain and build on. You care deeply about building applications with well thought out architecture.
Aside from developing front-end applications, we expect you will also become involved with ops and back-end work with our Node APIs where required.
We are a small team so its important that the successful candidate isnt just technically highly competent but is a good cultural fit. We run daily stand-ups, two week sprint cycles, retrospectives and utilise Slack for Chat and Jira for ticket and stream management. We use video calls to stay in contact and monthly all team meetings (State of the Rooster). We gather together every quarter for All Hands to celebrate successes, share ideas and plan for the next quarter of hustle.
Apply if you want to:
- Work closely with a small group of determined, like-minded people to reshape the way families talk and engage with money around the world.
- Play a critical role in the design and development of our app.
- Ship and take ownership of impactful new features and functionality.
- Develop robust deployment and testing processes
- Share your knowledge and passion with the rest of the team in making the app best in class.
In addition to a competitive salary:
- Work with a fun, passionate team building something awesome.
- 25 days holiday
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Option Scheme so you can benefit for all the input you put into the company.
- We will consider remote working for this role so long as you can spend up to 20% of your time in our London Bridge Hub office. We run a Remote working structure as a team (we currently have team members in London, Bristol and Stoke in the UK and Barcelona, Spain) so time zone variance (and travel distance) has to be sensible.
We can't offer visa sponsorship at this time.