Bitovi via We Work Remotely
Jan 22nd 2019
Headquarters: Chicago, IL
You'll work with clients creating applications, discussing and designing architectures, reviewing code, and researching new front-end technologies.
You'll work closely with our Open Source team, helping us to advance, improve, and evolve our Open Source toolset.
We support the technical growth and development of our employees. We have an open and engaging community of skilled developers with whom you can collaborate and learn together.
- Partner with clients to consult and build amazing applications
- Create and maintain open source projects
- Present at conferences
- Give trainings
- Plan and run meetups
- Write articles
FIND OUT MORE HERE: https://www.bitovi.com/blog/hello-potential-bitovian
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for qualified individuals with:
- a good understanding of Computer Science
- professional experience developing enterprise applications
- A CS degree or equivalent knowledge is required
- the ability to set expectations and communicate effectively
We welcome diversity and non-traditional paths into the developer profession and advocate strongly for hiring the right person as opposed to the right combination of tech keywords.
A LITTLE BIT MORE:
We want someone who enjoys identifying the hard parts of application development and simplifying them, talking about software architecture, and teaching others. We also want someone who can lead others and be an integral part of a team.
Specifically, the following attributes are major positives, but not all hard requirements:
- Has an eagerness to learn and execute in the “the right way”
- Is open minded about development best practices
- Has some experience with back-end systems and databases
- Doesn't mind a bit of travel, averaging one week every month
- Enjoys working on client projects and interacting with clients
- Some experience contributing to or using open source projects
Bitovians get a slate of great benefits. Bitovi offers:
- Competitive salary and yearly bonuses
- Bi-annual company retreats to places like Las Vegas, New Orleans, and Denver
- 401(k) plan with matching
- 4 weeks of paid vacation
- Health and dental insurance
- LTD and Life Insurance
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Maternity & Paternity leave
- Working from home with flexible hours