Harris via Remote OK
Jun 6th 2018
NorthStar is seeking a Java Developer to join our R&D team. You will work within the core product team to develop customer solutions, provide technical expertise and to help ensure the quality of product updates and maintenance fixes.
This position will report to the R&D Manager of our NorthStar Utilities Solutions Business Unit.
Applicants should either be located or willing to relocate to the Ottawa, ON area.
- Design, develop, maintain and support all software components across the NorthStar CIS product line
- Provide detailed documentation in design, implementation, deployment, and repair decisions
- Build, modify and maintain deployment packages and automated unit test scripts
- Create, modify and maintain automated build scripts for continuous integration testing
- Conduct requirement discussions and development estimations for deliverables
- Provide assistance to the Professional Services and Support teams
- Provide resolution to defects and investigate and resolve production support incidents
- Recommend improvement to development, integration and support practices and processes
- Apply configuration management, version control, best practices and standards
- Assist in the management of test equipment and testing tools
- Collaborate with a team of software engineers/developers
- Provide mentoring to junior resource and perform code reviews
- Communicate status to team members and manager
RequirementsTo meet this challenge you must possess a high level of initiative and energy as required to succeed in a fast-paced team environment, as well as several of the following skills:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a software development role
- University degree in software engineering, computer science or a related field
- Experience programming JAVA or an equivalent high level programming language
- Experience working with databases including one or more of the following: MS SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL and MySQL
- Experience working with web based APIs including SOAP and REST
- Experience building web UI with HTML, JQUERY and CSS would be an asset
- Strong analytical skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English are a requirement
- Be truthful and direct; be able to present the truth in an appropriate manner
- Accountability, respect, integrity and discipline are core values
- Ability to work independently, but most importantly as a team player
- Positive attitude is a must
SalaryIn exchange for your efforts, we'll provide you with competitive wages and benefits (including a generous vacation policy, health, dental, life and disability insurance), as well as diverse growth opportunities and a dynamic working environment.
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.