IT Management Position
Health Revival Products via We Work Remotely
Jul 31st 2018
Headquarters: New York City,NY
Fast-growing B2C internet company with innovative vitamin and health line are looking for an IT Manager to head our tech team.
You'll manage our front-end and back-end developers as well as QA to make sure our tech works seamlessly and keep our key systems operational. You'll also work with the CEO and team members to lead the charge on new projects.
- Day-to-day prioritizing, planning and tracking projects
- Manage and direct 2-4 software developers and QA people
- Scope new projects based on department needs
- Design, develop and modify existing backend systems
- Research cloud software options and provides cost/benefit analysis
- Evaluate employee performance, set expectations and goals for department and individual staff members, recruit and train staff
- Work closely with Support to fix bugs and minimize customer loss
- Test IT systems on a monthly/quarterly basis to ensure up-time
- Develop operational metrics and ensure department goals are met
- Six years or more of progressive experience in IT
- At least three years documented supervisory experience of a technical team
- Understanding of Project Management
- Great English proficiency as well as PHP/SQL/HTML
- Expert Understanding of Software Development Process
- Problem Solving/Analysis of simple and complex business problems with IT solutions
- Performance Management experience
- Experience hiring or recruiting contractors to help with projects
- Strong knowledge of application development standards
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of PHP/mySQL and Amazon back servers
- Ability to coach and mentor development team members
- Experience in preventing scope creep
- Skilled in problem solving of technical issues in an application/development environment
- PMP Certification a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively with a fully virtual (US based) team
- Experience with multiple project-related time, resource reporting and tracking tools
- Willing to get in the weeds and figure things out, even when a system or service is new to you
- Willing to ensure team can fix bugs even nights or weekends if there are serious problems
- Striving for operational efficiency and improving/increasing profit
- Understanding of budgeting for department
- B2B e-commerce experience
Competitive Pay, work at home, report to CEO.
Please provide resume if you have the required skills to email@example.com.
To apply: Please provide resume if you have the required skills to firstname.lastname@example.org.