IT Automation Engineer (US based - remote)
Platform.sh via Stack Overflow
Jul 4th 2018
Directly reporting to our Director of IT and in close interaction with our Engineering, Infrastructure, Finance, Sales, and Customer Support teams, you will be responsible for:
- Automating everything.
- And more specifically:
- While not all the things are automated: respond to user account provisioning/deprovisioning, access, issues, and modification requests.
- Change management, diagnosing, and debugging problems with tooling and systems.
- Enabling the flow of information between our wide array of IT systems and external services using API's (REST + oAuth).
- Creating (and/or improving existing) systems, tools & processes that will enhance our overall efficiency as an organization.
Skills & Requirements
You are a developer that also understands how an OS works, knows networking, can describe the importance of CDNs, DNS, and TLS. You have experience in systems administration, and know the constraints of a distributed system.
- Know what Git is, how to work with it, and how it fits in the DevOps world.
- Be proficient primarily in Python but also have advanced skills in PHP.
- You do not fear Drupal: Module development and site administration.
- Relational database skills, not just administration but building apps with them. MariaDB and MySQL prefered.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
Would be really great if you had experience with:
- Zendesk: Triggers, automations, add-on applications development (sidebar apps), API, ticket sharing, macros, and other business rules, (SLA's, schedules, custom fields).
- Salesforce: Mainly working with the REST API, but any skills in administration are helpful.
- JIRA: (Server and Cloud) Workflows, projects, custom fields, screens, and issue types. Issue security and project permission schemes. REST API and add-on development.
- Netsuite: Usage and administration. REST API development and connectivity with external systems.
- Identity and Access Management (LDAP)
- Google Apps & Office 365 API development.
- IaaS solutions like AWS, Azure, Openstack. As well as API development and billing familiarity with these services.
- Elasticsearch Kibana, Grafana, Metabase.
- NodePing, PagerDuty
- Using Terraform and Puppet... together.
- Other programming languages like Rust, Golang, and Ruby.
- Shell scripting in bash or sh.
- Mad Debian Skills. Sporting a Debian plaid cloth during the interview is not frowned upon.