ISV Partner Engineer
SUSE via Stack Overflow
Jun 11th 2018
Role: ISV Partner Engineer
Job Title: Sr. Software Engineer
Career Level: Mgr/Spec
Location: Provo, Utah or USA based locations
Department: ISV Engineering Team
Position Type: Fulltime Regular
Software Certifications from Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) are essential to the success of the SUSE Enterprise Products. SUSE maintains a strong worldwide community of software partners and we work regularly to make sure the leading software products available to customers are certified with SUSE products such as SUSE Linux Enterprise, SUSE Enterprise Storage, and SUSE OpenStack Cloud.
The Global SUSE ISV Engineering team is looking for an ISV Partner Engineer to work with SUSE Software Partners in helping them develop, support and integrate their software products with SUSE products. This will include the creation of Software Appliances that embed the ISV partners software with SUSE Linux Enterprise and other SUSE products.
The ISV Partner Engineer Responsibilities include:
- Support our software partners engineering teams in development and certification of software applications for SUSE products (SLES, SUSE OpenStack Cloud and SUSE Enterprise Storage).
- Work with partners to embed SUSE Linux Enterprise into Software Appliance solutions.
- Encourage software partners to adopt and implement SUSE technologies such as SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, SUSE Enterprise Storage, SUSE OpenStack Cloud, SUSE Manager, SUSE high-availability, and virtualization technologies.
- Position and promote our SUSE Linux Enterprise products with our partners and developers including documenting solutions and reference architectures.
- Take part and present at various Linux technical events, conferences, and workshops.
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science (or related degree and experience)
- 6+ years of experience working with Linux systems, application development, configuration and administration.
- SUSE Linux image creation tools such as KIWI and SUSE Studio Express
- SUSE Open Build Service or other Linux build systems
- Software development skills in C / C++ and scripting (Bash, Python, or Ruby).
- Demonstrated experience with engaging external partners and problem resolution.
- Understanding of ISV development (proprietary and/or open source software) and application development life cycles.
- Knowledge of engineering project management with a track record of delivering results.
- Technical writing of solution architectures.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are essential.
- Involvement with the Open Source community and Open Source projects such as openSUSE, OpenStack, or the Linux Foundation.
- Experience in developer support and troubleshooting.
- Experience with SUSE Linux Enterprise products, like SUSE Linux Enterprise, SUSE OpenStack Cloud, SUSE Enterprise Storage, SUSE Manager, High-Availability
- Experience with Linux Systems Administration
- Understanding of installation and operation of third party applications on Linux
- Understanding of networking and storage technologies