Ad Hoc via Jobspresso
Anywhere in US
Oct 12th 2018
At Ad Hoc we build government digital services that are fast, efficient, and usable by everyone.
Ad Hoc brings small teams of highly skilled professionals from the private sector to build government software right the first time.
Solving government technology problems is about attacking big problems with design, engineering, and compassion. We're committed to continually improving what we build and staying focused on user needs for the long haul.
As part of our team, you will work with a small team of designers and engineers to design, develop, and deliver web-based applications and services. You'll work in collaboration with our government partners to better understand and translate policy and business requirements into features, user stories, automated tests, and working code. Your work will impact the lives of millions of Americans.
Infrastructure engineers are our authorities on implementing DevOps methodologies, building tools and services to allow application teams and others to self-service, and driving cross-team communications to ensure we ship stable and performant services.
We're looking for a driven and organized Infrastructure Engineer to help guide our teams in delivering the very best digital services for the American people. As an Ad Hoc Infrastructure Engineer, you will:
- Build Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) solutions to help deliver software of higher quality at greater speed
- Work closely with our government partners and app teams to ensure that we are shipping software that meets security, SLA, and performance requirements
- Solve problems in ways that drive towards simplicity of architecture and operations
- Ship software that impacts the lives of millions of Americans
Our ideal Infrastructure Engineer wants their work to make a difference and cares deeply about the process of building products, the organization and cohesiveness of a product and team, and improving the interactions people have with federal, state, and local governments.
- Our Federal contracts require that you must be a U.S. Citizen to be eligible for employment
- 3+ years of experience operating production systems
- 2+ years experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Understanding of basic networking fundamentals: TCP/IP, UDP, routing, load balancing.
- Experience automating infrastructure, testing, and deployments of a web-based application with tools like CDNs, Ansible, Terraform, and Packer
- Experience with monitoring and alerting solutions like PagerDuty, New Relic, and CloudWatch
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S now and in the future without sponsorship. All work must be performed within the United States.
- Proficient spelling, grammar, and communication skills.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED EXPERIENCE
- Experience and understanding of one or more different agile methodologies, including Scrum, XP, or SAFe.
- Automation of applications through RESTful APIs
Our technical screening involves completing our homework assignments exclusively – we do not do any form of whiteboarding in our process. You can read more about our homework here
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Vanguard 401K Plan
- Unlimited Vacation
- Continuing Education/Annual Conference Attendance