GUI-Focused Senior Developer for Gene Cloning Software
GSL Biotech via Stack Overflow
Jun 4th 2018
Work remotely to enhance SnapGene, cross-platform desktop molecular biology software that is making science move faster. You will have the opportunity to work on all aspects of the product from developing new functionality to adding features to supporting customers' specific needs. By joining our small and motivated team, you will play a key role in designing and developing innovative user interfaces for the molecular biology community. Our approach combines advanced principles of human-computer interaction with sophisticated algorithms to produce a rich user experience. By using Qt and C++ we provide our customers with a responsive interface even when working with large datasets. We use clean organized scripts to automate common tasks such as setting up a development environment, building all required libraries, and generating nightly builds. If you have a passion for creating best-in-class software that is a joy to use, and a desire to help accelerate scientific discovery and medical product development, this job is for you.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience developing object-oriented software (C++ preferred)
- Experience working with a GUI toolkit (Qt preferred)
- Ability to interact remotely with a cross-functional team to develop solutions to challenging problems
- Commitment to creating reliable and maintainable code
- Experience developing cloud-based services
- Experience developing mobile apps
- Familiarity with version control software (preferably Git or SVN)
- Scripting experience (preferably Bash, Python, and PHP)
- Knowledge of molecular biology
Please note: We can only hire developers who are legally allowed to work in the US.