Full Stack Web Developer
SOCi, Inc via Stack Overflow
San Diego, CA
Sep 26th 2018
We're looking for someone who considers programming an art form; someone who loves writing elegant code and has an innate need to create components that are easy to reuse and work well together. The thought of copy-pasting coding should cause you to shiver in horror, and badly formatted code should give you nightmares.
You understand that usability and attention to visual details matters just as much as good performance and clean architecture. You are equally comfortable discussing database architecture as you are in debating animations and shadows in the UI all the while keeping the user story in mind to ensure you're solving the right problem.
We work collaboratively in groups of 3-4 (mobs) where you group program with other great engineers and product people, each representing different viewpoints and bringing different skills to the table. Iterating and shipping daily in small increments, you're able to progress fast and have a sense of achievement every day going home.
- Strong sense of visual aesthetics on web and ability to make it reality with cutting-edge CSS.
- Experience working in social media space a plus
- Experience working with enterprise-grade SaaS products a plus
SOCi, a leading SaaS enterprise solution for large-scale social media management and one of
the fastest growing technology companies in San Diego, is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us continue to push our innovative platform to the next level. We have recently closed an $8.5 million Series A financing to continue to build and expand our award-winning platform.
Why Work for SOCi?
- Pair/mob programming with other senior engineers (some juniors for mentoring too!)
- Culture of learning and professional growth, office library, budget for books & courses
- Everyone is held to highest professional standards; mutual respect and collaboration
- Code quality is kept high by reviews and collaborative work
- We're in massive customer / revenue growth phase, new technical challenges every day
- Remote applicants welcome, work from home options for locals
What's SOCi's culture like?
Our passionate team of SOCialites work in a convenient downtown office location, (walkable to shops and coffee, with free parking). We have a casual dress environment (no suits and ties here), paid holidays, Flexible PTO, a comprehensive health & benefits package, quarterly team events, monthly pancake breakfast, periodic potlucks, and daily office snacks, fresh fruit and coffee. Every new team member will be equipped with a new MacBook and a full tech center at their desk to plug in and out of. Above all, you will get to work with a passionate team that loves to laugh--so you might want to make sure your GIF game is strong.