Full-Stack Software Engineer
SystemOne, LLC via We Work Remotely
Sep 25th 2018
Headquarters: Springfield, MA
SystemOne is a connected diagnostics and disease intelligence company that is committed to improving clinical care in low and middle income countries. We are improving lives via SystemOne's Aspect™ platform that moves data from millions of real-time HIV and Tuberculosis patient diagnostic tests in 42 countries and the pace is accelerating. We've facilitated unprecedented volumes and quality of data to measure disease outbreaks, patient care, the utilization of donor-purchased equipment and reagents, and component efficiencies within the health system. We are now looking to support countries as they unlock the incredible value of these data in their health system through our data use program.
As a Software Engineer at SystemOne, you will build the services that power our web and mobile applications. You will be a key member of the team, making technical decisions that will shape the company's future. We're looking for people who love to code and work with other developers to build meaningful products.
As a software developer at SystemOne you will be expected to:
- Integrate health information systems and diagnostic instruments with our data collection platforms
- Build reports and dashboards that present actionable information to health professionals
- Maintain strict security standards for the transport of sensitive data
- Optimizing back-end services for performance and scale
From a technology standpoint, our software is heterogeneous. We currently use the following technologies:
- ASP.NET (MVC)
- React Native/Exponent
- Windows Forms
- Windows Server
- Ubuntu Server
- AWS (EC2, RDS, VPC, IoT)
We expect developers at SystemOne to be involved in the design, development, implementation and maintenance of all of our software. We design our products based on user feedback and feel that the best way to provide actual value is to have direct, human contact with all of our existing customers.
The software development culture at SystemOne can be summarised as "ship quickly".
- We try hard to remove unnecessary processes from our product pipeline
- We try not to over-engineer our software
Quality and knowledge sharing are important.
- Every patch to any software is met with a code review in GitHub
- We write tests to cover brittle and error prone areas of our software
- We use the Atlassian suite to manage our backlog, support desk, build and deployment processes
- We work in 2 week sprints
- As a team situated globally, we check in on Skype every day
We are looking for people with:
- A product-first approach to building software. You care about the real world functionality of your programming.
- Several years of professional software development experience building, deploying, and maintaining apps at scale
- Experience with Node and Express
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with REST and HTTP/HTTPS protocols
- Deep understanding of user-interface and user-experience concepts and design
- A passion for working as part of a team
- DevOps skills are a plus
Candidates must embrace SystemOne's Core values:
- Do good and create lasting value;
- Make the journey matter;
- Be worthy of respect;
- Be pragmatic and keep it simple.
Location: We have offices in Springfield, MA, and Johannesburg, South Africa. Working remotely is an option as well.
To apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org