Full Stack Senior .NET Engineer - Help disrupt FinTech
Ledgex via Stack Overflow
Nov 5th 2018
Heads up! We're looking to grow our team, no agencies/consultancies please!
About Our Company
We're a small Waltham-based FinTech company focused on developing software to help multi-asset investors (endowments, foundations, family offices, outsourced chief investment officers, and pensions) better manage their assets and their time.
Our team is preparing to make significant enhancements to its current technology as it seeks to develop a platform in line with the firm's vision to become the go-to software technology for multi-asset investors. We are looking for outstanding performers who thrive on creative freedom and user-focused development.
What you'll be doing
Our engineering team is seeking a highly motivated and very experienced software engineer to help spearhead a new greenfield FinTech product, modernize our existing tech and to expand our close-knit team. We're looking for someone with a ton of intellectual horsepower and a lot of experience across the stack that wants to work in a small, fast-moving FinTech startup from an early stage.
As a senior full stack .NET engineer, you'll be a critical part of our engineering team and will be expected to help guide the engineering process, mentor future engineers, and shape the engineering culture.
You'll be working with modern technologies such as ASP.NET Core and ReactJS/TypeScript. You'll also be expected to help drive the best practices from day one (Agile/TDD), help craft a reliable continuous delivery system (we currently use Teamcity + Octopus) and be very resourceful.
Our overall goal is to produce software that our users truly enjoy and find value, so we're looking for individuals that care about the customer's experience.
If you've built complex, scalable/distributed cloud-based systems or have worked on hard financial data/analytics problems in the past, join us!
- B.S., M.S. in Computer Science or related technical field
- 8+ years of professional development experience, experience as a lead a plus
- Experience with React/ES6/TypeScript; however, deep experience with Angular/Vue is also welcome
- Strong proficiency with SaaS/Cloud-based architectures in Azure, AWS or GCE
- Exceptional ability to transform complex product requirements into well architected solutions
- A strong passion for clean/clear code, best practices (Agile/TDD/IoC) and automation (build pipelines)
- Passion for building high-performing software with a customer-first mentality
- Proven ability to collaborate with and mentor other engineers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Bonus Points For
- Transactional/Financial data experience
- Experience PyTorch, Pandas, NumPy, scikit-learn, TensorFlow and general Machine learning experience - There may be a future need for this in the future, but we're not doing this now.
- Familiarity with OWASP and general security best practices
- Experience building well-designed APIs
- Fast-moving startup experience
What is it like working here?
We're based in the Waltham Watch Factory right on the beautiful Charles River. We're a small growing team that works very closely with one-another in a relaxed office environment. Engineers/DevOps handle the tech, QA handles the acceptance testing, support folks man the phones and our investment professional team drive the product and vision.
We have a weekly company standup where our COO/CEO and VP of engineering give company updates and meet later in the week for happy hours and some Fibbage. Many of us have families back home and life outside of work so we are able to have schedules that offset more in the morning or evening to tailor to our individual needs. We believe to get the best output from employees, the freedom and feeling of ownership is key.