Full Stack RoR Engineer
algrano via We Work Remotely
Feb 26th 2019
Headquarters: Zurich, Switzerland
As a Ruby on Rail Engineer, you will be part of the product team. You will work in collaboration with the Chief Product Officer (Christian), service designer (Laura) and the engineering team (Fabio and Zmago). We use an adapted Kanban methodology to ensure high quality and rapid implementation. Algrano is a web application developed in Ruby on Rails, you will work on various parts of the application, from traditional user management to specific coffee logistic features such as shipping management or Incoterms.
Your main tasks will include:
- Develop within the Ruby on Rails framework and related technologies
- Continuous integration, frequent deployments
- Live weekly tech meeting, otherwise asynchronous communication is preferred (Trello, Zenhub, Slack)
- Regular team gatherings and events in Europe
Your strengths include:
- Quality assurance: you are proud to deliver high quality code, you write unit tests and you are familiar with feature test frameworks such as Cucumber or Spinach.
- Communication skills: You understand that a big part of software engineering is communication work. You feel comfortable talking on requirements and you also like to participate in technical discussions.
- Learn and improve: You are always eager to learn something new and you constantly try to improve your hard and soft skills.
Your experience, background and skills include:
- 3+ years experience with Ruby on Rails or master a similar technology
- 3+ years experience with testing frameworks, such as RSpec or Cucumber
- 3+ years experience with HTML, CSS
- Very good command of english (spoken and written)
- You are located in Europe
Bonus points for:
- Proven experience in remote work
- Experience with Github, Heroku, Continuous Integration tools
- Motivation and willingness to learn about a new business domain
Why work with algrano
- You will be part of a growing and talented team, united around a mission.
- You are part of a diverse team made of many cultural backgrounds and skills.
- For coworkers located in the Zürich office, we eat lunch together and, of course, drink frequent coffees together.
- We're dedicated but know that you also have a life. That's why we offer flexible working hours and 5 weeks of holidays.
- We provide you a computer or participate in buying a new hardware to make sure you will enjoy your time coding with us.
- High quality code base: we understand the need to clean the kitchen after cooking and strive to maintain our code as elegant as possible.