Full Stack Engineer
HelloSign via Jobspresso
Various US States
Jul 27th 2018
For this position, we're looking for candidates living in the following US states:
- Arkansas, California, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.
If you are someone who thrives on innovation, thinking outside the box and have a passion for creating something your users love, we invite you to check out HelloSign.
Our customer base of 75,000 (and growing!) businesses already love us, and now we're thinking even bigger. In our push towards the enterprise, we're looking for skilled and motivated engineers to join our expanding team.
At HelloSign, we build our products with performance, scale and security in mind. In addition to being highly skilled on the technical side, you should also be able to put yourself in the user's shoes and think critically about how your work will improve their experience. We take pride in our work and want you to as well.
What You'll Do:
- Help scale our products and existing systems to support millions of users
- Participate in architectural and design review discussions
- Collaborate with other engineers and the Product team to define clear deliverables and establish project milestones
- Take ownership of features from end to end by going through design, implementation, testing and maintenance phases
- Identify opportunities to improve existing code or architecture
- Upcoming initiatives include building support for large teams, SSO with SCIM integrations, expanding the capabilities in our workflow engine, and restructuring our multiple products into a suite of micro-services.
- Embody our core values and uphold our unique company culture. We value diversity and inclusion, and encourage our team members to be their authentic selves at work.
What We're Looking For In You:
- You have at least 3 years of previous software development experience in a fast-paced environment.
- You're used to working collaboratively, participating in code reviews, and being a team player.
- You believe in automated tests and taking ownership over the quality of your code.
- We're a startup. You are comfortable taking an imperfect feature specification and driving it all the way to completion.
- Technologies we use most include PHP, Elixir, React JS and MySQL. While those are not must haves, experience with them are desirable.
- We believe in using the right tool for each particular job. Other than the languages listed above, we also use a number of libraries which include Symfony, Redis, Redux, Beanstalk, Phoenix, Elasticsearch, among others, hosted on AWS.
- We use Selenium and TestNG for our automation testing, if you have experience in these areas it would be a plus.
- You have good judgment and the ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive customer data.
Engineering at HelloSign:
HelloWorks Team: You'll be working on a small, cross-functional team to build the future of document workflows. The goal is to build out a platform where technical and non-technical users alike can build out workflows that simplify existing business processes that are centered on contracts and forms. Responsive, intelligent forms guide users through agreements and contracts while auto-populating repetitive information, handling conditional logic, and catching errors with advanced data validation.
Internal Platform Team: This is a new initiative to architect and build out shared services to be leveraged by both our HelloWorks and HelloSign products. You must be comfortable working in a polyglot environment (here that's Elixir, PHP, and Java) and have experience with distributed systems. There's a lot of foundational work to do here to identify and implement solutions for cross-service communication, distributed tracing, service discovery, service contracts, etc.
We believe that the way business gets done today is broken. That's why we're dedicated to simplifying work for everyone – from small startups to large enterprise companies. Millions of individuals and over 75,000 companies world-wide trust the HelloSign platform – which includes eSignature, digital workflow and eFax solutions – to automate and manage their most important business transactions.
With a sharp focus on user experience and a lust for innovation, HelloSign is on a mission to Simplify Work.
Life at HelloSign:
We are centrally located in downtown San Francisco near BART, the Transbay Terminal, and the Ferry Building. Just under 100 employees, we are growing the company deliberately, with a keen eye towards maintaining a culture that values lifestyle, fun and continuous improvement. We were awarded the Hirepalooza Culture Award for Lifestyle in 2015 and the Healthy Mothers Workplace Bronze Award in 2016 and 2017. This year, we won SF Business Times' Best Places to Work Award for Small Employers. And we continue to maintain an overwhelmingly positive presence on Glassdoor and The Muse.
We have raving fans who love what we make • We're user-focused and product-driven • We're always evolving with an eye towards improvement • We're committed to building a product people want • We thrive on collaboration and learning from each other • We have a supportive, familial atmosphere • We work in an open, airy, creative space • We laugh a lot • We love dogs • And we'll never forget your birthday!
HelloSign is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse team of qualified individuals • HelloSign conducts background checks; pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, HelloSign will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records • HelloSign participates in E-Verify.