Full Stack Developer
Mattermost via Jobspresso
Sep 27th 2018
As a core committer at Mattermost you are responsible for one of the world's largest and most popular open source projects. Your work impacts thousands of organizations who depend on Mattermost for daily operations, from high tech (Intel, Samsung, Micron), to healthcare (Medtronic, Epic, Bristol-Myers Squibb) to public sector (U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Department of Energy), to education (University of California, National University of Singapore), and consumer brands (Urban Outfitters, Wargaming.net). Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, our company serves customers around the world with a distributed organization spanning 7 time zones. More on us at www.mattermost.com.
Working in open source means your work is publicly visible. Your code will receive both credit and constructive critique from the community. With the right mindset and support these can lead to you a highly positive working environment and making the best engineering decisions of your career.
Core committers include highly skilled volunteer developers from the community, staff employed by enterprises deploying and investing in Mattermost, as well as staff employed by Mattermost, Inc.
Read about our end-to-end recruiting process for core committers at: https://docs.mattermost.com/process/developer.html
We seek a full stack engineer comfortable moving across front end and back end systems to lay out the technical vision for critical components of the Mattermost architecture and leading community developers towards a unified, scalable, performant, extensible system architecture.
Note: Due to the volume of applications received, we can only respond to the most qualified applicants. Thank you for your understanding.
Top 10 reasons to work for Mattermost:
- Do the best work of your career:Join like-minded people with high standards and outstanding talent.
- Build on the cutting edge:Develop in Golang, React, React Native and other technologies changing the world.
- Work anywhere:No commute, plus complete control of your environment and freedom to travel.
- Be recognized:Working in open source, your contributions are publicly visible and will echo on throughout your career.
- Growth:Join a growing product, a growing community, and a growing company.
- Do good:Build open source software benefiting thousands of companies, research institutions, schools and non-profits.
- Improve a product you use every day:Your opinion matters.
- Focus on results:Output matters, not hours worked. Enjoy life and don't burn out.
- Learn, Master, Teach:Building new skills, becoming experts, and training others is core to our culture.
- Friends around the world:Build relationships with staff and contributors in dozens of countries.
- Play a pivotal role in setting direction and standards for a large open source project
- Guide, review and support open source contributors and community members
- Design, implement, test and release new improvements to Mattermost across front end, back end, clients, and infrastructure
- Writes thoughtful, high quality code
- Communicate clearly, especially in writing
- Works effectively while remote, with the ability to travel 2-3 times per year for week-long off-site meetings with team members
- Experience working in open source communities