Front End Software Engineer
New Context Services via Remote OK
Sep 6th 2018
We are looking for a passionate, talented, and experienced Freelance Front End Developer to assist with the development of the front end architecture for our Lean Security Intelligence Platform (LS/IQ) product. LS/IQ is a unique Saas based technology that allows an organization to assess themselves according to the Lean Security methodology, and furthermore provide solutions and feedback to help organizations reduce security vulnerabilities to their critical infrastructure.
The ideal candidate would possess solid development skills and be able to translate UX designs and implement them to perfection. We are seeking self-starters who bring original ideas and fresh approaches to each project they work on, who is responsive, flexible, and thrives in collaborative environments.
- Working in collaboration with another Front End Engineer to implement front-end application development for LS/IQ utilizing our proposed UX Design framework
- Co-lead the Ember.js framework and roadmap our front-end infrastructure into the medium and long-term
- Work in an agile team, participating in scrums to iterate and optimize the development process for LS/IQ product development.
- Handle scoping and planning of all front-end projects, and guide their implementation
- Work closely with the product team in creating roadmaps and timelines for product development
- Manage our existing front-end testing infrastructure and help develop and optimize integration testing infrastructure
- 5+ years experience building consumer-focused web applications or B2B services in a technology company
- Fluent in HTML and CSS (LESS/SASS), Node.js
- Solid experience working with HighCharts framework to produce high quality customized charts
- Experience writing automated tests, with an appreciation of Test Driven Development
- Strong architecture and system design skills
- Fluency in Ruby, Python or any high-level languages preferred
- Strong ability to evaluate and analyze tradeoffs between implementation time, maintainability, and impact
- Have a passion for building software development processes and engineering culture
- Familiarity utilizing Google docs, Jira and Confluence for collaboration.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a cross-functional product development team, and present ideas and designs effectively.
- Must be an effective problem solver. Comes up with creative solutions and considers many alternative solutions to each problem.
- Experience working in distributed agile teams highly preferred
**All applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. We will not sponsor visas for this position.