Front-End Engineer- Diner
GrubHub Seamless via Stack Overflow
New York, NY
Sep 5th 2018
We're Grubhub, the nation's leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we've been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We're moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 80,000 restaurants and over 14 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we're delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let's talk. We're eager to show you what we bring to the table.
Some Challenges You'll Tackle
Build the future of online food ordering! We are looking for top-flight engineers to help us realize our next generation ordering application. Using the latest tech and agile development approach, this is the ideal position for any software engineer looking to play an integral role in building a young web application for corporations.
You Should Have
- Design, implement, and deliver technical platforms and products.
- Understand our products from both a technical and business perspective in the context of our larger business.
- Create working software based on understanding of business and technical priorities.
- Communicate effectively with leadership, product owners, other technologists, and users.
- Break down complex problems into elegant technical solutions to solve problems for diners, corporate accounts, and internal stakeholders.
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices, and new technologies.
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Programming or Engineering related field
- 2-4 years of professional experience building highly-scalable, interactive web applications (e-commerce preferred)
- Built and maintained unit tests, integration tests and end to end tests is a plus
- Eager to contribute in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Familiar with Agile software development methodologies
- Interested in working for a fast paced tech and product oriented company
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.