Front end Developer
Nanocorp AG via Remote OK
Oct 29th 2018
Who are we?
Nanos is an online platform that makes placing paid advertisements a straightforward process accessible to any small & micro business around the world by delegating all the heavy lifting to our AI.
We are a privately owned Swiss startup based in Zurich - a dynamic fast-growing team of software engineers, UX designers, business experts and machine learning developers.
Who are we looking for?
As part of our growth we are expending our engineering team and for that, we are looking for Frontend Developers to join us in our journey towards building great experiences and solving complex challenges.
We are looking for engineers with a minimum of 3 years professional experience who embrace the startup culture. A previous experience working as part of a distributed team would be a plus.
From a cultural point of view, we expect you to bring in a plus with you as we are an inclusive company that thrives from the diversity its employees bring in.
As a Frontend developer, we expect you to be a design driven developer with an eye for detail.
We expect our Frontend Developers to be experts when it comes to building user interfaces and experiences, we also expect them to be able to deliver pixel perfect designs following the guidelines of our UI/UX team.
As a Frontend Developer we do not expect you to just translate designs into code, we expect you to proactively contribute into the making of our product. to brainstorm with our UI/UX Team as well as to think out of the box and suggest improvements to the experience we are building.
What will you do if you join us?
As a Frontend developer you will be working on the different products that make up the Nanos Platform.(customer facing apps, internal admin apps,..etc).
You will be part of an Agile team made of Frontend/Backend and Full stack developers. You will collaborate with the UI/UX team as well as the Product team.
You will not be expected to write backend code from scratch but we do expect you to be able to jump in and do your own backend work if needed (70% Frontend, 30% Backend I would say).
This position would be either remote or in our Zurich office.
What are we to offer you?
We would be more than happy to hear from you and look forward to have you joining our team where you should expect following benefits and culture:
- A competitive salary.
- A stock option plan
- 25 vacation days per year(plus all the Swiss public holidays that you can move to different dates if you want to)
- Work from anywhere in the world (we are building a fully distributed team outside of our HQ in Zurich)
- Annual continuing education budget
- We value family and personal time and you can expect flexible working hours from us
- Free choice of hardware
- Regular experimental time to work on your own ideas
- Office shut down between Christmas and New Year (to be compensated by working a couple of extra minutes per day over the year, i.e. 15 min in 2018)
- A very multicultural team - 10 different nationalities and growing
- Team retreats and off-site events (at least once a year)