Holo via Working Nomads
Sep 3rd 2018
Senior Finance Assistant
EU or Gibraltar
Contract with possibility for Employment
This is an opportunity to take the next step in your finance career, working for a rapidly growing, innovative global tech-startup. It's a role that offers plenty of variety and exposure - you'll be working closely with leaders in the company and the controller, providing hands-on, operational finance support.
Holo is a distributed cloud platform that enables our community to earn cryptocurrency by hosting truly peer-to-peer applications on one's HoloPort or personal server. Holo is built on Holochain, our new open source, post-blockchain framework that is faster, massively scalable, and 10,000x cheaper! To help fuel our ecosystem, we are also building decentralized Holochain apps and training a developer community to nurture an ecosystem that will build many more.
Where you will fit in:
You'll be an important part of the team, ensuring our finance operations are running smoothly and processes are being adhered to. You will be our go-to person for day-to-day finance matters including; invoicing, finance queries, payments, reporting and general finance operations.
What your specific role will entail:
- Processing invoices through our finance system (Xero), querying inaccuracies and resolving issues promptly and efficiently;
- Reconciliations of our bank account and credit cards;I
- Ensuring we meet the necessary finance regulatory protocols in Gibraltar and globally;
- Arranging payment runs;
- Supporting our team members with expense reports and purchase requests;
- Using excel and gsheets for management and analysis as required;
- Following procedures for reconciliation of customer funds and transactions, ensuring a full audit trail;
- Investigating and resolving differences produced by the reconciliation process.
What you'll need:
The role will suit someone who has worked in a finance team for a fast-paced tech startup. You will be comfortable with ambiguity and able to work with multiple jurisdictions. Experience with Xero will be great, but what's more important is your ability to pick up different software applications quickly. Intermediate to advanced Excel skills is essential. Knowledge of finance, reporting and accounting requirements is a must.
Some details about what we offer:
- Temp to perm contract
- Generous salary (National Currency)
- Generous bonus program (HOT & Holo fuel)
- Supportive team trial period
- Regular team meetings (video and in person)
- Collaborative and inspiring culture
- Flexible work schedules and vacation
- 20% Project Time
- Motivated, passionately engaged and evolutionary global teammates
Holo is an equal opportunity employer, and we celebrate our diverse, creative, and collaborative team.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract