Anywhere in US
Jul 28th 2018
Bustle's Fashion & Beauty team is seeking a Fashion & Beauty Writer. In addition to reporting on mainstream fashion and beauty news, writers will cover style stories that impact people of marginalized communities (including people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities, and plus size individuals.)
We're specifically looking for experienced writers with knowledge of how privilege and inequality impacts the fashion and beauty spheres. Writers are expected to stay embedded in the fashion and beauty news cycle, and pitch angles relevant to the Bustle reader.
Writers must be able to work for six hour shifts at least three days a week between Monday and Friday. In addition to reporting responsibly on sensitive topics, accuracy is key for this role. The job is fast-paced, so be ready for breaking news like unexpected product launches or celebrity style changes at any moment.
Interested writers should also be familiar with Bustle's voice and mission, and be ready to pitch a few ideas during the hiring process.
- Identifying and pitching timely beauty and fashion stories
- Writing and reporting three to four light-lift news stories per shift
- Finding original content such as viral trends and smaller brands to cover before anyone else
- A passion for all things fashion and beauty
- A strong writing voice full of personality and confidence
- A knowledge of privilege and inequality as it applies to fashion and beauty
- 2+ years of editorial experience (personal blogs count!)
- Availability to work remotely at least two days a week during business hours Monday — Friday
Bustle Digital Group is the largest premium publisher reaching millennial women. Every month, nearly 80 million readers turn to Bustle Digital Group publications — Bustle, Romper, Elite Daily, and The Zoe Report — for impactful conversation around the interests and issues engaging women today. Focusing on everything from pop culture to parenthood, Bustle Digital Group's content leverages the power of a diverse set of voices from coast to coast. Bustle Digital Group does business with over 300 global brands, and ranks among the most popular media companies with our demographic on social media. Bustle Digital Group was founded in 2013 and is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Los Angeles and London.