Experienced DevOps Engineer
Loco2 via We Work Remotely
Jul 6th 2018
Headquarters: London, UK
- We have high coding standards and follow best practices such as continuous testing and delivery.
- We strive to learn and improve together in a supportive environment as the wider tech ecosystem evolves.
- Our team enjoys a healthy work-life balance and we don't think caffeine-fuelled all-nighters are a good way to grow a company that's built to last.
- We offer flexible hours and a well-designed remote working culture built on trust.
- Our days are not full of meetings and needless distractions. Allowing others to achieve flow is a big part of how we support each other.
- Everyone is encouraged to ask questions, think creatively and suggest new working practices. We are a small team so your voice will be heard.
- You will be provided with a laptop and are empowered to make changes that improve your working environment.
- Maintain our infrastructure: Docker containers (Rails app) on AWS EC2/ECS with auto-scaling, Postgres RDS & Redis ElastiCache. Configuration is managed using Terraform.
- Improve reliability & scalability and simplify the infrastructure (Migrate to AWS Fargate, Aurora).
- Performance monitoring of various components (Rails app, database, cache), increasing visibility and alerting (we use Librato and AWS CloudWatch) and work with developers on improving this.
- Work with developers on scaling the system as we grow: we're heavily investing in marketing and partnerships, and our traffic is increasing rapidly as a result.
- Work with developers on functionality that requires infrastructure changes (e.g. storage, caching).
- Improve delivery workflows: our system is automatically continuously deployed using GitHub, Travis CI, DockerHub and DeployBot and we'd like to continue optimising this (including speeding up CI builds and deployments).
- Increase automation and maintain clear documentation of the above.
- Participate in our out-of-hours on-call rota and respond to any urgent downtime incidents.
- Cloudflare for DNS, SSL, caching and firewall management.
- AWS hosted Docker infrastructure, with continuous delivery.
- PostgresSQL RDS instances, Redis ElastiCache clusters and S3 buckets for file storage.
- A Ruby library for communicating with train booking APIs.
- A traditional multi-page web application written in Ruby on Rails (we are in the process of migrating the front-end to a React SPA).
- A hybrid iOS app written in Swift.
- A hybrid Android app written in Kotlin.
- 3+ years of professional experience.
- Knowledge and experience with the technologies we are using (but not necessarily all of them).
- Motivated by Loco2's mission.
- Excited about the future of ops and product delivery, motivated to help Loco2 adopt modern technologies and processes.
- Takes pride in their craft and understands the importance of security best-practices, proactive monitoring and capacity/redundancy planning.
- Values pragmatism, simplicity, and rigorous method.
- Able to collaborate and communicate effectively, sharing complex information and learnings with technical and non-technical team-mates.
- Able to identify problems and lead the process of solving them.
- Has a keen appetite for self-improvement and growth, without hesitating to ask for help when needed.
- Fluent in English.
- Can work hours that have some overlap with London daytime
- What are some of the most challenging/interesting projects you have worked on?
- Why do you want to work for Loco2?
- What country and timezone do you live in?
- What are your approximate salary expectations? (please state currency)
To apply: Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org addressing the specific questions listed above. Please note that we do not respond to approaches from recruitment agencies, and emails will be marked as spam.