Enterprise Data Architect / Engineer
Critical Mix via Stack Overflow
Feb 16th 2019
Provides expertise in the definition, adoption and adherence to enterprise business intelligence and information architecture strategies, processes and standards. Responsible for delivering enterprise information architecture and technical / infrastructure architecture solutions for the enterprise data warehouse and end user reporting tools. This position provides technology direction, assistance and training to teams performing BI-related activities, both inside and outside IT Services. Will Support the development of the global BI strategic road map by conducting market analysis and technology reviews, and establishing strong partnerships with key vendors to enable road map implementation.
If you feel that AWS S3 is a great solution as a datalake and leveraging EMR/Spark for data transformations into a Redshift data warehouse. Then Critical Mix is a great fit.
Perrysburg, Oh - Dallas, Tx - Warwick, RI - San Francisco, CA
Skills & Requirements
Responsible for designing and maintaining complete data systems architecture for the Critical Mix organization on enterprise levels
- Develop and Implement road maps and phased plans that gradually increases the enterprise data architecture maturity level of Critical Mix over a multi-year period and support both current & future state business processes
- Sets the overall direction, policies and guidelines for the Enterprise Data Architecture function
- Maintains an ongoing partnership with the business to apply in-depth knowledge of the business operations, strategies, priorities and information requirements to establish the technical direction at an enterprise view
- Promotion and delivery of shared infrastructure and applications to reduce costs and improve information flows
- Defines the system, technical, and application architectures, and in some instances the business systems/process architecture for major areas of development
- Creates processes and standards to develop, maintain and integrate enterprise architectures within the process of strategy development and technology planning
- Ensures appropriate technical standards, procedures, and governance are defined and followed
- Ensures enterprise solutions are scalable and adoptable according to changing business needs
- Maintains close working relationships with executive and business management to understand the Critical Mix strategy and requirements
- Keep up to date with new technologies and actively implement innovative solutions
- Bachelor's degree required; preferably in MIS
- 8+ years experience in IT including experience with systems architecture methodologies
- 3+ years of hands-on development experience in more than one of these technologies: Oracle, SQL Server, NoSQL, Big Data Technologies like Hadoop, Redshift, Snowflake or other DW storage architecture, Chartio or similar, Informatica or similar.
- Dimensional data modeling principles (star and snowflake schemas, denormalized data structures, slowly changing dimensions, etc.)
- Physical data architectures: data warehouses, independent data marts
- Data integration tools: ETL (extract, transform, load), CDC (change data capture)
- Data quality, master data management, metadata management, collaboration and business process management Bachelors or above degree in Computer Science, or related discipline, or equivalent experience.