Engineering Manager (IAM)
Auth0 via Stack Overflow
Jan 28th 2019
Auth0, a global leader in Identity-as-a-Service (IDaaS), provides thousands of enterprise customers with a Universal Identity Platform for their web, mobile, IoT, and internal applications. Its extensible platform seamlessly authenticates and secures more than 1.5B logins per month, making it loved by developers and trusted by global enterprises. Auth0 has raised more than $110 million to date and continues its global growth at a rapid pace. We are consistently recognized as a great place to work based our outstanding leadership and dedication to company culture, and are looking for the best people to join our incredible team spread across more than 35 countries!We're growing fast here at Auth0 and are looking for experienced Engineering Managers to lead and grow Engineering teams in our Identity & Access Management (IAM) Engineering group. IAM delivers a simple, extensible identity platform that is easy for our customers to integrate into their applications and effortless to operate. The mission of the team is to delight customers with an outstanding experience when managing their Auth0 identity configuration, and delight developers with concise, understandable, standards-compliant APIs for ease of integration.
We are open about technology choices and like to contribute to OSS projects. Our current stack focuses on Node, ElasticSearch, MongoDB, and React, but we like to focus on picking the right tools for the job.
What will you be doing?
- Work with other teams both within the Engineering organization and outside of it, in order to get better understanding of customer needs and the impact of work the team does
- Have the opportunity to gain a great understanding and context about how Auth0 works and learn more about security protocols and how to build reliable, highly available systems
- Crafting and implementing features and bug fixes for the product/services the specific team owns
- Providing context so team members can perform specific tasks
- Help people on the team grow
- Hire great coworkers to join the team
You might be a good fit if you:
- Have experience leading a technical team and are good at coaching teammates in all phases of their career
- Know when to let the team figure things out on their own and also have the necessary context and skills to help them out and be hands onKnow how to focus teams to achieve their goals
- Have a technical background and can help a team evaluate trade-offs during development
- Enjoy working in an iterative development environment
- Can add value to a conversation even when you are not familiar with the entire context
- Work well with technical and non-technical people to deliver high-value results
- Like to lead by example
- Are a great communicator
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience building systems highly reliable, scalable systems
- Experience working on Identity and Access Management software and concepts
- We do not expect you to be an expert in all of the above, only that you can learn the less familiar fast
You can learn more about our hiring process here.
- GMT-5; GMT-4; GMT-3; GMT-2; GMT; GMT+1; GMT+2
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.