Editorial Manager, NHL Team Brands
Vox Media via Jobspresso
Anywhere in US
Jul 5th 2018
Vox Media employees thrive on innovation and change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, and improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology and the world around them. The Vox Media house of brands includes industry-leading media forces like SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode, Racked and Polygon, and reaches an audience of hundreds of millions, generating over a billion content views each month.
- Develop and lead editorial content strategy for assigned team brands centered around seasonal tentpole events.
- Consults with platform stakeholders (i.e. video, podcasts, etc.), marketing, commerce, legal, and other internal teams as needed to implement NHL content strategy on team brands and SB Nation flagship
- Oversee assigned team and macro sites and associated budgets, with seasonal adjustments between tentpoles for NHL
- Develop policies and best practices for assigned team brands for NHL coverage on SB Nation flagship, on NHL team brands, and the efficient integration of the two
- Conduct editorial oversight, quality control, and accountability for assigned team brand sites in NHL. In some cases, this will included close editorial oversight of original reporting and coverage of sensitive subjects.
- Work with assigned NHL team brands to continually diversify their contributors and audiences
- Manage and audit social media, video, podcast and commerce strategies and tactics for assigned NHL team brands and integrate them with SB Nation flagship social strategies
- Conduct outreach to assigned team brand managers and staffs, and facilitate exchange of story ideas, direction, strategy, tactics, successes, opportunities, knowledge sharing, etc.
- Serve as primary point of contact for communications to assigned team brands from Vox Media, which may include working with or communicating messages from: product, support, editorial, video, legal, and/or people & culture teams, in conjunction with centralized SB Nation leads
- Execute on sales strategies in partnership with stakeholders
- Hire and supervise full-time employee site/team brand producer(s)
- Serve as primary point of contact for assigned NHL team brands contributors to SB Nation, and provide consistent and reliable support to contributors.
- Coordinate and collaborate with senior team brand management and producers on NHL coverage.
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.