Anywhere in US
Jul 10th 2018
If you love helping small businesses get their start, and have a knack for sales that can't be denied, then you'll be the perfect fit for our Director of Sales role. Our ideal candidate is a whiz at crafting annual sales plans, communicating goals and growth to our executive team, and being a role model manager and mentor to our sales team. A love for beautiful design and packaging is just the cherry on top!
Who We Are
Allow us to introduce ourselves. At Packlane, we empower brands big and small to create beautiful, affordable unboxing experiences that customers will enjoy and remember. From subscription boxes to event swag, eye-catching packaging can help brands connect with their customers – so we do everything we can to make it a smooth and easy process. Our services are trusted by over 15,000 companies including Google, L'Oreal, Casper, Mailchimp and more.
We're a team of eager self-starters from all over the world, and we're looking for others to help grow Packlane into the best company it can be. Our core values are creativity (including beautiful design), high quality work, and a passion for what we do. If that sounds like a good fit, we can't wait to hear from you!
Your Role as Director of Sales
- You'll plan, develop, and manage our Packlane Plus sales division consistent with our company's goals and growth targets.
- Managing margin levels via constant monitoring and implementation of pricing policies is a constant priority for you. In other words, you'll keep an eagle eye on order profitability.
- You can recruit, hire, train, and cultivate the best sales team around! From sales reps to account managers, you'll be responsible for building a powerhouse department.
- Everyday is Motivational Monday when you're around. You'll work with employees to help them set and exceed sales objectives.
- Analyze and monitor statistics of core supplier performance and performance to sales goals.
- You'll Be the resident know-it-all when it comes to market share position, competitors' strategies, tactics, strengths and weaknesses
- You'll have the power to shape the future of our business, by working directly with the executive leadership team and founder to develop sales techniques and guide and evolve the strategic direction of Packlane Plus
- Ever calm in a crisis, you'll respond swiftly, thoroughly and effectively to customer issues to assure satisfactory solutions
- You build relationships that last. Using customer data, you can support and improve customer retention strategies and tactics.
- You've got one eye on the long game, developing and maintaining a yearly business plan that includes programs for improving the profitability of the company.
- Work across departments to streamline processes and software to improve sales performance and efficiency
- And with your excellent people skills, you can seek out major clients and create working relationships with premium buyers
Who You Are
- You have the motivation and skill to manage and grow an inside, outside sales force.
- This isn't your first rodeo – you've got plenty of experience leading sales in a high growth B2B packaging company
- Did we mention motivated? A self-starter attitude is necessary when working independently with a remote team.
- You know what they say, if you shoot for the moon, you'll land in the stars. That's why you have a track record of exceeding goals and expectations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (building rapport comes naturally to you!)