Director of Marketing Engineering
InVision via Jobspresso
Jul 5th 2018
InVision is the Digital Product Design platform used to make the world's best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development.
Today, more than 4 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes more than 80 percent of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
InVision is a fully distributed company with employees in 25 countries around the world. The company has raised more than $235 million in funding from leading investors including Accel, ICONIQ, FirstMark, Tiger Global, Battery Ventures, and Spark Capital. Visit us at InVisionApp.com andInVisionApp.com/blog.
We are looking for a leader to join the Marketing Engineering team who can take InVision's marketing to the next level. In this role, you'll be responsible for: managing the development process; working with stakeholders and the executive team to ensure efficient prioritization and development of campaigns; establishing quality control measures; managing and mentoring the engineering team; providing architectural oversight; and ensuring site reliability.
As an ideal candidate, you have deep experience building and leading high-growth teams, and excel in fast-paced environments. You have demonstrated success in building organization structures, processes, and systems that enable predictable quality at scale. You have a passion for creating thoughtful, strategic, and innovative experiences that redefine what best-in-class marketing is. You thrive on working collaboratively with cross-functional leaders, and you obsessively focus on both quality and velocity.
- Collaborate with product and marketing leadership to drive the overall strategy on how marketing engineering will impact business goals
- Maintain a culture of camaraderie across an existing team of skilled and capable engineers, while challenging the team to leap forward in their skills and work output
- Grow the marketing engineering team with the industry's top talent
- Ensure project timelines stay on track and take ownership on maintaining a full calendar of feature ships, campaign launches, and operational improvements. Work with leadership on efficient prioritization.
- Own the roadmap for systems and processes that enable both predictable quality at scale, and velocity. Ensure outcomes can be tracked and measured over time
- Proactively identify appropriate infrastructure improvements to continually get better
- Take the lead on a long-term plan for transitioning InVision's many web-properties to a consistent and current tech stack
- Continually think about what the future holds and how to put the team in a position for success, without over-engineering for the near-term
- Provide visibility and transparency on engineering matters to the executive team, and communicate proper resourcing and budget needs
- 8+ years of leadership experience in building high volume, scalable applications
- 12+ years of technical experience
- Familiarity working in a React/NextJS/Redux/Node stack with content driven by a headless CMS. A passion to push the limits of these technologies
- Passion for creating a customer-responsive engineering team that rivals the best in the world and ships new functionality faster than anyone else
- Proven track record of guiding high-growth teams to repeatedly and reliably produce high-quality output, on time.
- Demonstrated success in implementing team-wide systems and processes that enable scale, with results to show.
- Ability to balance and prioritize immediate needs of a growing business with longer-term operational projects
- Your previous teams love you as a manager
- Able and willing to write code when the need arises. You are a player/coach
- Acutely aware of trends in enterprise SaaS development
Benefits & Perks:
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. In the United States we have team members throughout 40+ states including New York, San Francisco, Austin, Portland, and Boston. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose. The benefits we offer in the United States include competitive health plans and a 401k plan.
Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country. Please ask our recruiting team about the benefits and perks package available in your country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.