Digital Content Producer
350.org via Jobspresso
Oct 28th 2018
350.org is looking for social media savvy person who is interested in using a variety of digital tools and tactics to create and track engaging cross-platform content that will inspire people to take climate action
350.org is building a global grassroots movement to solve the climate crisis. Our online campaigns, grassroots organizing, and mass public actions are led from the bottom up by thousands of volunteer organizers in over 188 countries. 350.org works hard to organize in a new way—everywhere at once, using online tools to facilitate strategic offline action. We want to be a laboratory for the best ways to strengthen the climate movement and catalyze transformation around the world. The values that guide and drive our work are listed here.
350.org is an equal opportunity employer. 350.org strives to be an inclusive and collaborative group of people who bring a variety of approaches to the work we do. We're committed to the principles of justice, and we try to build a safe workplace where everyone is treated fairly and enjoys working together. We value new perspectives, ideas of all sorts, and different ways of working. Diverse perspectives and experiences improve the way 350.org carries out our work – including what we decide to work on and how creatively/effectively we do that. We do our best to make staff positions accessible to all potential team members, regardless of race, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, assigned gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or identity, religion or creed, veteran status, marital or parental status, and genetic information. We also strive to include team members in communities most impacted by climate change or impacted by other kinds of environmental, social, and economic injustice.
About the Digital Content Producer
We're looking for a social media savvy person who is interested in using a variety of digital tools and tactics to create and track engaging cross-platform content that will inspire people to take climate action. We need someone who can keep up with the fast pace of the global climate movement and who also experience working in a global digital context.
The Digital Content Producer will monitor climate-related global news and content, listen to and keep track of trending conversations online and work with the Social Media Manager to listen and respond to what our audience is saying online. Responsibilities include creating engaging content about our global campaigns that will work across platforms – everything from rapid response videos, graphics, blogs and more – and supporting the daily scheduling of content and distribution of our global content. It is necessary to have someone who has experience working across platforms, languages and is comfortable being adaptable. This role will support the testing of new social media tools, practices, tactics and more; support monitoring our channels' analytics and reporting back to the wider team and support the maintenance of the social media calendar.
- 2-4 years of experience in digital campaigning in support of movement-building activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with fluency in English (knowledge of other languages is a bonus). Ability to write for a variety of audiences and platforms.
- Experience with the online platforms 350.org uses including: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and WordPress.
- Strategic campaign development expertise and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Highly organised, and able to manage multiple projects at once without sacrificing quality.
- A resilient and flexible team player who is a fast learner, can handle a fast paced, high pressure, highly collaborative team culture.
- Efficient time and workload management skills.
Desired (but not required) skills and experiences
- Knowledge of and dedication to the climate movement and a Fossil Free future.
- Experience with using social listening tools such as Hootsuite, Meltwater, or Talkwalker
- Experience with developing and using online tools for distributed campaigning
- Experience at the intersection of online and offline organising, mobilisation, and direct action.
- Experience with video editing
- Experience with graphic design / Photoshop
- Comfort working with colleagues in multiple time-zones via slack, conference calls, and other online tools.
- Proven ability to maintain a healthy work/life balance in fast-paced, high pressure working environments.
We are looking for someone who is comfortable working both independently and in teams, highly responsive, and able to lead initiatives as well as take direction from others.
Position Type: full time
Application Deadline: Although we hope to begin interviews during the week of 19 November, this job is open until filled, or the hiring manager determines that they can no longer accept applications.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Compensation: competitive compensation based on experience. Some global salary ranges include:
South Africa: 300,400ZAR – 375,500ZAR
United Kingdom: 28,000GBP – 35,300GBP
US: 48,000USD – 60,000USD
Location: Remote, can be performed anywhere
For US: This position can be performed from our DC, Brooklyn, or Oakland office, or remotely in the following states: CA, CO, GA, MD, MA, ME, MT, NY, NC, PA, VT, VA, WA, or Washington, DC.