DevOps / Python engineer
Gridium via We Work Remotely
Feb 12th 2019
Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
Gridium is looking for a devops engineer to help us build the next generation of energy and operations software tools for buildings.
Buildings are responsible for 40% of the world's energy footprint. A typical building contains thousands of pieces of equipment, sensors, and interconnections. Gridium makes software that helps people run their buildings better, at lower cost and with less energy.
We're looking for a US-based engineer to design, develop, and scale our backend services. At Gridium we manage quite a bit of data, pouring in daily from hundreds of thousands of electric and gas meters. We need help gathering data, running analytics, and making the results available to our web applications. That's where you come in.
About the job
Our stack lives on AWS and includes Docker, Postgres, Java, Python, and Ember.js. This job is for someone who wants to own and drive the operations of an exciting startup. You will be responsible for developing and managing complex systems that process large amounts of data every day.
We are a small team, and you should expect to work closely with both engineers and non-technical staff. We need someone who is self-directed and a great problem-solver, but also able to ask good questions and collaborate effectively with teammates.
- Are you comfortable working in a remote environment?
- Are you passionate about continuous integration and deployment?
- Do you have strong experience with Amazon cloud services?
- Are you keen to optimize performance and minimize latencies?
- Are you obsessed with data?
- Do you want to truly own the systems you work on?
If so, Gridium is the place for you.
- Experience with AWS, especially EC2, networking (VPCs, etc.), and RDS.
- Familiar with automating infrastructure tasks in Python.
- Understanding of cloud security principles.
- Familiar with docker and docker-compose.
- Experience with Ansible, Java, and relational databases is a plus.
You must currently live in, and have the legal right to work in, the United States. You must be available to travel for four days each quarter.
To apply: https://workable.com/j/D9906CEEFB