Back Market via Stack Overflow
Jul 30th 2018
WHO WE ARE ?
Founded in 2014, Back Market is the very first international marketplace specialized in refurbished electric and electronic devices. We connect certified professionals who work hard to ensure all electric and electronic devices get a second life with consumers looking for equipment that makes a difference.
E-waste reduction, planned obsolescence battle and circular economy are 3 good reasons to wake up in the morning. We have a challenging schedule and high business expectations, so you'll need to be able to get up to speed without compromising on attention to detail. For the right person, this is a chance to gain valuable experience in building a star and to join a fast-growing, exciting and life-changing company that's shaking up the consumer electronics business.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING...
As an OPS within our technical team, you'll help to develop Back Market internationally. Localized in our Parisian office, you'll work with our engineers, customer care, business development, marketing, a group of passionate professionals engaged to the promotion of refurbished products. Reporting to our Head of Engineering, your duties will include:
- Collaboration with our provider who administers our server farms on AWS to further optimize our performance
- Definition, implementation, supervision and continuous optimization of our deployment cycle on the different environments (CI, CD)
- Automation of the provisioning to meet product and developer needs.
- Definition, implementation and monitoring of technical KPIs: exploitation and quality of production.
- The collaboration with dev teams to facilitate release.
- The evangelization of DevOps good practices
THIS JOB IS FOR YOU AND YOU'RE IN THE PLACE TO BE IF…
- You have at least 4/5 years experience as a DevOps
- AWS got no secret with you
- OS : Linux (centOS, Debian)
- IAC : Terraform, Ansible, Kubernetes, Docker
- Languages : shell, Python (Bonus: Go)
- DB : Elastic, MySql, MongoDB, RDS, Aurora
- Messaging: Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, SQS
- Culture & experience
- You Know industrialization processes, agile methods, gitflow flow and DevOps practices in general mixed with good system notions
- You want to join a challenging technical environment and you're comfortable with our stacks: AWS, RestFul API, Python, Django, VueJs, Algolia, NewRelic, Jenkins, Docker, Intégration en continue, Agile, SEO, Celery, SQS, ElasticSearch, Nginx, UWSGI, Unit Test
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US ?
- Daily technical challenges : with us, you will forget what the word boring means !
- A band of experts who will offer you their technical know-how and will allow you to build skills in your prefered technologies but not only ! (Backacademy, technical guilds)
- A job that makes sense : you'll tell people to buy products that have already lived instead of buying new ones. Which means reducing the production of electronic waste and fight against overproduction. It counts.
- A high growth project : 3 years ago, we were 3. now we are more than 90 and we are lived in 6 different countries. Boom.
- Lots of groove : you will have many opportunities to work with talented and super friendly people.
- Attractive compensation, based on the profile and experience
Let's have a quick talk ?