TaxJar via We Work Remotely
Oct 24th 2018
Headquarters: Remote, USA
- We do the right thing for our customers.
- We're a team, built on trust.
- We're proud to be remote.
- We're in control of our own destiny.
- Help us maintain high standards for security, stability, and operational best practices
- Maintain, test, and improve disaster recovery across our technology stacks
- Build complex deployment pipelines for Ruby and Elixir applications
- Maintain and improve our monitoring and alerting systems across AWS and Heroku applications
- Assist in migrating services from Heroku to AWS
- Be an expert with AWS cloud services; EC2, CloudFormation, CodeDeploy, IAM, etc.
- Support the project efforts of all TaxJar development teams
- 3 - 6 years of experience in cloud based DevOps with a heavy focus on AWS services
- Production experience with: CloudFormation, CodeDeploy, Ruby applications, Elixir applications, AWS cost optimization, and Postgresql
- Experience with running disaster recovery scenarios and then documenting and implementing issues that were discovered
- Ability to write clear and accurate documentation around how infrastructure is laid out and can be modified
- Be accountable for the infrastructure you are provisioning and maintaining
- Manage DevOps tasks from assignment through to production
- Agile, humble, trustworthy, and a team player
- Rapid learner who thrives in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Passion for building simple and intuitive solutions for complex problems in eCommerce
- Excel at communicating with the team remotely (chat, video, email, etc)
- Only want to work remotely
- Are a PRO at communicating and collaboration
- Highly value working with people you like and respect
- Are accountable
- Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (We're peers here, no egos please) but also comfortable working asynchronously
- Hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy (we'll actually pay you $500 a year to take time off!)
- $1,000 in professional development credit
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- 2x year all-company in person retreats (fully paid for by us of course)
- Brand new Macbook computer
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12 week paid maternity/ 6 week paid paternity leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more.
To apply: Apply here: https://taxjar.workable.com/jobs/849526/candidates/new. Please treat this as your first interview. We receive lots of resumes, so here's your chance to stand out from the crowd.